WebPlayer for website

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpoe_28

Is their a web player that will show tags, that can be embedded into a website (HTML code)? I'm sure it's talked about on here before but I can't find anything on it.

No, not at this point in time. The only web player that is approved is the one released by Radio Reference. If you try to use another web player and have it point to your feed, it will stop working in a day or so when the feed URL changes.

brandon

Database Admin
There are flash players that do alpha tags, but you would have to run your own feed. The RR feeds require you to use the provided code.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Let's be both factual and clear as to the state of Flash-based players:

There are currently NO Flash-based players that support the display of embedded meta-data information from an MP3 stream. It's simply not possible, given how Flash currently works. I spent several days investigating this topic, as part of exploring the whole streaming-audio world prior to my writing ScannerCast.

There are Flash-based players that display tags using an "out of band" mechanism to get the tag data (that is, a second channel that carries tags from the Icecast server to the Flash player). These are cute, but in my experience have waaaaaay too much latency to be useful for a scanner feed (they're pretty good if you're going playing a series of 3 minute songs on an internet-based radio station, however... in that case you don't need really careful synchronization between tags and audio the way we do for scanner audio).

What's most unfortunately is that most of the existing Flash players, in fact, suffer from major problems including ever expanding use of memory or (to combat this) a nasty periodic "tick" noise that occurs when stopping and restarting the stream.

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.