Webster County MOTOTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin

TRamrod38

The emission designator for 151.1675 is not a trbo emission designator. It could be apco25.Have you checked it on a digital scanner.

timkilbride

Database Admin
The emission designator for 151.1675 is not a trbo emission designator. It could be apco25.Have you checked it on a digital scanner.

I fully understand it didn't have a TRBO emission designator until now. Before, it was still TRBO to my knowledge. I was using a Uniden 996xt when I heard it.

Tim

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I fully understand it didn't have a TRBO emission designator until now. Before, it was still TRBO to my knowledge. I was using a Uniden 996xt when I heard it.

Tim

Agreed.

I never heard anything analog on it and it didn't sound like unmodulated p-25 either.

I never got it in the database because I couldn't hear much on it and when you did hear something, it was not very often. Maybe one conversation every couple weeks with light monitoring.

I heard rumors that it was a new super secret repeater for people working narcotics, but I believe that was a rumor only.

A radio geek I know who is a deputy had no idea there even was a new repeater.

Edit: The radios in the area come from a company that generally does what it wants regardless of customer specifications or fcc rules / regulations. They also handle licensing. It did not surprise me one bit that there was an un-licensed emission on that repeater.

Last edited:

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
Jason,

I believe that. When I lived in Ft. Dodge, the SO was using handhelds on the EE TRS. At the time I was wondering why I never heard much on the "listed" repeater....... BTW this was way before trunk tracking scanners. Had to monitor it by programming the system as conventional channels.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Jason,

I believe that. When I lived in Ft. Dodge, the SO was using handhelds on the EE TRS. At the time I was wondering why I never heard much on the "listed" repeater....... BTW this was way before trunk tracking scanners. Had to monitor it by programming the system as conventional channels.

Must have been long before I started monitoring it... As far as I know the sheriff's dept has always been on 154.695.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Just went through Fort Dodge today, yep, there is TRBO on that pair. Heard it once on my way up and another time on my way back.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Must have been long before I started monitoring it... As far as I know the sheriff's dept has always been on 154.695.

To me, it doesn't make any sense to have handhelds on EE and mobiles on VHF. How does the officer in a house talk to a officer still en-route? Additionally, I doubt it had good handheld coverage in the county.

Tim

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
To me, it doesn't make any sense to have handhelds on EE and mobiles on VHF. How does the officer in a house talk to a officer still en-route? Additionally, I doubt it had good handheld coverage in the county.

Tim

I'd wager that this was when the county was switching from Low Band in the 70's or 80's or whenever that was...

I have no idea when it happened because I hadn't been born yet.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
This was in the 1995-1997 era. I was in the comm center once and the dispatcher showed me what she called the "trunked" radio, a mobile with a power supply and coax going up through the ceiling. That was the first I knew they were playing on 800 MHz

They were using it for a fair amount of routine stuff.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I'll back up tfhphoto on this as I have the confirmation from my old iascanner webpage. They had two talkgroups on the EE trunked system (SYS ID 3738). One for Dispatch and one for car to car. I remember listening to them on it when I first got my trunking scanner and was in the area. This would have been between 1995 and 1999.

IowaGuy1603

I'll back up tfhphoto on this as I have the confirmation from my old iascanner webpage. They had two talkgroups on the EE trunked system (SYS ID 3738). One for Dispatch and one for car to car. I remember listening to them on it when I first got my trunking scanner and was in the area. This would have been between 1995 and 1999.

Yes I remember that also...........................

I remember loading them in my old RS trunker.........and listening when I was in Ft Dodge visiting mom.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRK76) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok, I will be adding the "input" and seeing what happens. I have a couple small businesses that have frequencies "reversed". So I should of thought of that. Thanks guys.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRK76) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok, I will be adding the "input" and seeing what happens. I have a couple small businesses that have frequencies "reversed". So I should of thought of that. Thanks guys.

Wrong thread??? I know what your answering to tho. lol

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.