Not open for further replies.

Allan_Love_Jr

IG KNAK567
BNSF Railway Co
[Common Carrier Railroad]
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1916137
Control Point 1 - 4515 Kansas Ave., Kansas City KS 913-551-4615
08/19/2008 License Modified
1 - BURLINGTON NORTHERN DEPOT, BRIDGEPORT (MORRILL) NE 41-39-45.9 N 103-5-55.8 W
160.92 FB 75e 11K2F3W 16K0F3W 4K00F1W
161.265 FB 75e 11K2F3W 16K0F3W 4K00F1W

IG WPYV917
BNSF Railway Co
[COMMON CARRIER RAILROAD]
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2560235
Control Point 1 - 4515 Kansas Ave, Kansas City KS 913-551-4615
08/19/2008 License Modified
1 - Alliance (BOX BUTTE) NE 40.0 km radius around center point 42-5-36.0 N 102-52-49.0 W
160.65 MO 45e 16K0F1W 4K00F1W 11K2F3W
160.26 MO 45e 11K2F3W 16K0F3W 4K00F1W

KC0QNB

OK I thought it was an FCC designation as a subset of IG. I have every official frequency for the UPRR for my area and one that is not licensed, which burns me, I know who is using it, and where they are, but I have to tell you the conversions I have heard couldn't be rated G.
When and if it gets worse I will email the FCC and make them aware of the unlicensed frequency, and the profanity, knowing these people and the way they operate they might be using a modded 2 meter radio setup, cuz it is cheaper.
Sorry about that last part, just had to vent.

Allan_Love_Jr

OK I thought it was an FCC designation as a subset of IG. I have every official frequency for the UPRR for my area and one that is not licensed, which burns me, I know who is using it, and where they are, but I have to tell you the conversions I have heard couldn't be rated G.
When and if it gets worse I will email the FCC and make them aware of the unlicensed frequency, and the profanity, knowing these people and the way they operate they might be using a modded 2 meter radio setup, cuz it is cheaper.
http://gmitch86.home.comcast.net/~gmitch86/quick.htm

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I can assure you that the UP is not running modified ham gear... the claim is preposterous... I would be more likely to believe that somebody like your local PD would be running modified ham gear.

More foamers that are just pissed off cause they didnt run your favorite heritage engine on point....

KC0QNB

I can assure you that the UP is not running modified ham gear... the claim is preposterous... I would be more likely to believe that somebody like your local PD would be running modified ham gear.

More foamers that are just pissed off cause they didnt run your favorite heritage engine on point....
I never intended to imply that it was the UP on the unlicensed frequency.
It is a private company that happens to unload hopper cars, and knowing the way they operate.
Sorry I wasn't more clear.
The UP just drops off the cars, then THEY take over.
Besides I don't know one locomotive from another, some are yellow some are orange and some are black, that is all I know.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Not a misunderstanding, read what you posted...

Sorry, I've had a couple bad run ins with a couple of FRN's lately...

Didnt mean to sound "sour", But I can assure you that I have NEVER seen modified ham gear in an official UP vehicle, locomotive, building, or anything else for that matter... Not even in our contract vans. All commercial Icom, Kenwood, Moto, etc...

As far as unlicensed frequencies, yea sure... sometimes I just dont want somebody else to hear what I have to tell the headend so we will do something different, even run duplex...

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
Sorry, I've had a couple bad run ins with a couple of FRN's lately...

Where at? What happen? Anyone that is on the "lists"?

A couple weeks ago we had a guy standing in between the rails taking photos of us. Then he posted them to a "list". Found out who it was. . .

We had two chicks on Tuesday taking photos near Walford and Fairfax. Their car had Nebraska plates.

Tim K.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Where at? What happen? Anyone that is on the "lists"?

A couple weeks ago we had a guy standing in between the rails taking photos of us. Then he posted them to a "list". Found out who it was. . .

We had two chicks on Tuesday taking photos near Walford and Fairfax. Their car had Nebraska plates.

Tim K.

On lists, Youtube, and in person.

The basic nutcase that things railrioads and railroaders are dumb, they need to bring back steam, They dont understand how the big yellow borg makes money, general idiots...

KC0QNB

Ok I am not a speech writer, and I did reread the post I could see why you were misled.
I am sorry for that.
Next, the people operating on the unlicensed frequency, use a rail link loco, they move and unload grain cars, in their own facility, again the only thing the UP does is drop off the cars period. understand? I hold proper and legal operation of radio equipment in high regard, always have and always will. I think the "freebanders" near the 11 meter band should be taken out and at least flogged, that is just my opinion nothing more.

Next #2 I am sorry about your encounter with the guy between the rails taking pictures, he was clearly trespassing and you should have called your dispatcher reported it, and had the local authorities deal with it, that my friend is not my fault.

Now thats over, what the heck is an FRN, I can guess it is a f*****g railroad nut, am I close?

Now then, I do take some train pictures, and I have been known to post some on forums, but I assure you no one, will be able identify any one aboard the train, that would require a PM release from the train personnel, which would require one to trespass on UP property, not something I do. I have enough grade crossings nearby, so I remain on public property (mostly highway ROW territory) in front of any signs that may be present, placed there by railroad.
I do not cross on private crossings, unless I have permission from the owner.

As far as the chicks taking pictures with Nebraska plates on their car, there are a lot of cars with Nebraska plates out there, and a lot of chicks with Nebraska plates on their cars, and probably a few of them take pictures of trains, if they are on public property it is their right to be there and do whatever they please, who knows you might even get flashed. ;)
Time to move forward, if you have issues with me or people like me, pm me, we can deal with this privately, off the forum, and be rest assured I will not flash your train when it passes by.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Ok I am not a speech writer, and I did reread the post I could see why you were misled.
I am sorry for that.
Next, the people operating on the unlicensed frequency, use a rail link loco, they move and unload grain cars, in their own facility, again the only thing the UP does is drop off the cars period. understand? I hold proper and legal operation of radio equipment in high regard, always have and always will. I think the "freebanders" near the 11 meter band should be taken out and at least flogged, that is just my opinion nothing more.

Next #2 I am sorry about your encounter with the guy between the rails taking pictures, he was clearly trespassing and you should have called your dispatcher reported it, and had the local authorities deal with it, that my friend is not my fault.

Now thats over, what the heck is an FRN, I can guess it is a f*****g railroad nut, am I close?

Now then, I do take some train pictures, and I have been known to post some on forums, but I assure you no one, will be able identify any one aboard the train, that would require a PM release from the train personnel, which would require one to trespass on UP property, not something I do. I have enough grade crossings nearby, so I remain on public property (mostly highway ROW territory) in front of any signs that may be present, placed there by railroad.
I do not cross on private crossings, unless I have permission from the owner.

As far as the chicks taking pictures with Nebraska plates on their car, there are a lot of cars with Nebraska plates out there, and a lot of chicks with Nebraska plates on their cars, and probably a few of them take pictures of trains, if they are on public property it is their right to be there and do whatever they please, who knows you might even get flashed. ;)
Time to move forward, if you have issues with me or people like me, pm me, we can deal with this privately, off the forum, and be rest assured I will not flash your train when it passes by.

I think its better we take this off the OP's thread so Allan doesnt get his thread locked. You have a message...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.