Weigh Station/Commercial Enforcement Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them operate on the region specific channel. This was no surpirse, because a truck skipped the weigh station (Oh, did I miss that stop back there? Y'know, they got me runnin so many miles I tell ya what, I'll stop at the next one and get weighed up. -- I don't think so Mr. Galikanokus) and a marked CHP unit went and made the stop on 42.6 (Solano).

I'm not sure about the actual facility though.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I've never Skipped a weigh Station, and Besides California Weigh Stations are Weird, Banning Especially, They Keep Trucks stacked out on I-10, Florida Used to do that until they had 2 fatality rear ends, I have prepass and can bypass with a green light, but sometimes the california stations have ignored that and went after a truck thinking he was skipping, not to say it isnt done but not all truck drivers are out there skiiping weigh stations

But to Stick with the original topic, California Weigh Stations are run By CHP and i only have heard them on CHP Channels

Last edited:

jim293

Yeah the truck stacking at the Banning Scales is terrible. I drive a truck and when that sign says SCALES CLOSED I will be in the number 4 lane and these guys just pull out from a dead stop into the number 4 lane. Not good. Or the trucks stick out onto the freeway and one of these days some body will come by and smack the rear end of some truck.

YFZBOB

wayne_h said:
Alright meow, where were we?
That's one....:cool:

supertrooperspic.jpg

karldotcom

how does that fast pass work? i always wonder when I see trucks skipping the scales near Magic Mountain heading up the 5

Status
Not open for further replies.