Weird Display anomoly on PSR600

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I noticed this morning that the PSR600 I use to monitor a local P25 system with Pro96Com was looking weird. The display almost looked like a mirror image or with some weird alien language...

I turned off the radio and turned it back on and all was well with the world again. I did think to take a picture first though:

PSR600weird.jpg

Has anyone else seen wonkieness like this?

N8IAA

Yep. Happened to me once after programming the scanner. I think there was a post a few years back about the upside down, backwards display.
Larry

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I noticed this morning that the PSR600 I use to monitor a local P25 system with Pro96Com was looking weird. The display almost looked like a mirror image or with some weird alien language...

I turned off the radio and turned it back on and all was well with the world again. I did think to take a picture first though:

That was fixed with a firmware update several years ago.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That happen to my Pro92 and the sister base unit years ago. I turn it on one day and did that. Than one day they quit working :(

N9JIG

Sheriff
That was fixed with a firmware update several years ago.

Well, my radio has the 2.1 firmware, AFAICT it is the latest version.

I found a few other threads about this and it appears to be some little glitch that is easily fixed by just rebooting the radio.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Well, my radio has the 2.1 firmware, AFAICT it is the latest version.

I found a few other threads about this and it appears to be some little glitch that is easily fixed by just rebooting the radio.

Mine have done the same. All of them at one time or another, both the mobile models from GRE and the RadioShack clones. Can't say I've ever seen it on the portable (PSR-500) models though.

It is rare and I bet I've seen it happen maybe once or twice per radio in all the years I've owned these radios.

One of my PSR-600's is starting to suffer from memory corruption now. It seems OK if I leave it powered on but if I don't use it for a week or longer (powered off), I'm often greeted by corrupt memory which causes random Heap Error displays or the memory is found completely wiped blank.

I think I'd much rather have the mirror image display as the only problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.