Weird Encrypted in Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

Interestingly enough I am hearing occassional ENCRYPTED transmissions in EMS and FIRE
in Austin TX.!

WTF! I'm listening to Diabetic Emergency that's doing it right now. Why is a diabetic encryted?

Only noticed this after the RS Update, but no proof that it is connected with update to 1.3
version.

Damn Strange as I can't see why Fire or EMS would be encrypted! Any clues out there?

73's
Jon

brandon

Database Admin
I could understnad EMS being encrypted especially if they are giving medical reports and patient info over the air.

mojicaman

I posted the below reply in the RS forum under Warblie Audio with no response. It seems that you guys are talking about the same thing:

I am having the same problem with my Pro 96 as I am listening to Austin/Travis Co Fire and EMS (P25 Standard).

I have been reading this thread and been trying to determine if the problem that I am having relates to a poor signal or is it encrypted signals. I am currently using the 800mhz rubber duckie and am thinking about exploring other antenna options because of this problem. Anybodys thoughts on this would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.