Weird FreeSCAN errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I have several nice FreeSCAN files I put together for several areas (New York/Long Island, NYC, PA, OR and CA Bay Area). I've recently put together a Los Angelos area file because I'll be there next week. However, every time I program it into my BCT15X I get 10 errors. When I check the error log, this is what shows up:

Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #0
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #1
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #2
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #3
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #4
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #5
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #6
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #7
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #8
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #9

I opened-up a known working file (i.e., one that DOESN'T give me these errors when I load them into my scanner) and compared it side-by-side to this one. Aside from the obvious differences in the system frequencies, for the life of me I can't see anything else that's different between the two.

I've even checked "NONE" for the systems I want to program in, hit the upload button - same thing.

It doesn't seem like it's system-related, it has to be something with my "global" settings - but I can't find anything wrong.

Will my scanner still work for just scanning the conventional and trunked systems I program in for Los Angelos even with the "custom search" errors present?

Last edited:

cpuerror

It's just saying that the custom band plan on those search ranges hasn't been programmed. If you don't need that particular feature, it's not going to harm anything,

LIScanner101

It's just saying that the custom band plan on those search ranges hasn't been programmed. If you don't need that particular feature, it's not going to harm anything,

Thanks.

The thing I don't get, however, is the scanner settings look identical between a "good" file and this "bad" file. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Which tab in FreeSCAN would I look to find out what differs from a known "good" file?

cpuerror

The band plans for custom searches are downloaded from the scanner and stored to be uploaded later. They are edited in the scanner itself. It's such a rarely used feature that I didn't bother adding editing to it.

LIScanner101

Thank you again.

BTW I only just now realized you're the creator of FreeSCAN! Kudos to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.