• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Weird issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-crime

Hey guys, I have something weird happening here. Those of you that read my post about my Motorola SSE5000 a few weeks back know that I was having an issue with getting static and choppy RX audio on freqs that come in crystal clear on other radios such as my xts5000's and some vertex radios. I sent the radio to Mancow to have him align it. When I received it back I loaded up a code plug to it and when I disconnected from the computer the audio sounded great. But once I turned the radio off and back on I am getting the same staticky audio. I even tried reloading the code plug again. And again it sounded great but once I turned the radio off it again sounded staticky and choppy. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on here or has anyone had an issue like this with another radio? Mancow checked it out and aligned it so I am stumped! Any help you guys could give I would appreciate!

jruta

Corrupt codeplug? I'm no expert, but had the same thing happen to a radio. Reloading the codeplug worked.

4-crime

I've reloaded the codeplug into the radio a couple times and it sounds perfect. But once I turn the radio off I get choppy RX audio again.

RKG

So far as I am aware, the SSE5000 is an XTS5000 in a Saber case. Offhand, I can think of no programming parameter that would yield what you have observed. But if you walked into my office with this problem, the first thing I'd do is read the radio and look for any personalities that are strapped either "secure" or "select." If I found any, I'd strap them for "clear" and see what happens.

4-crime

Well I've unchecked the secure option in the CPS and still doing the same thing. This is very strange.

4-crime

I just tried something else for kicks, and it seems that if I even just read the radio and not write a codeplug into the radio the audio sounds great. But once the radio is turned off and back on the static comes back. So it seems just being connected to the CPS changes something.

RKG

Well I've unchecked the secure option in the CPS and still doing the same thing. This is very strange.

Go back and check each "personality" under the "Secure" tab and confirm or change each to strap for "Clear." (You may have to re-check "Secure Equipped" in "Configuration" to ungrey the secure tab in personality; after you're finished, go back and uncheck secure equipped.)

As I said earlier, I'm speculating about a condition I've never seen before. However, the telltale observation you make is that the problem arises after a power down/power up, and one of the things the radio does at each power up is read the state of the "secure" parameters. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.