Weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Ok I just had a weird problem with my feed. While at work today I received an email stating that my feed was down. As sson as I got home from work I checked the computer with the feed and found that ScannerCast was still running and under the status tab it showed that it was "sending OK" to the server. I then checked the feed from another computer and it was still showing offline. I clicked on the listen link and found that my feed was still up and running. The only way I could get radioreference to show my feed online was to shut down ScannerCast and restart, now my feed shows online again.

Any ideas what happened.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I have had the same issues, again we think it has to do with of course the holidays and the increased load on the servers causing scannercast to drop out. However looking at your feed uptime it looks like it went down for about 2 hours, usually scannercast just drops it for just a couple of minutes. So maybe had something to do with your Internet connection.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Do you have any thoughts as to why radioreference was showing the feed was offline when I could still click on the listen link and the feed was working.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
It may have been that the feed stats just had not updated it to show it was "online" even though it was sending and you could listen to it, it usually will update after a couple of minutes. I know exactly what you are referring to, as its happen to me a few times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.