Weird PSR-800 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

My 800 recently went deaf on one 700 system site. The site used to work fine and also is loud clear on my PSR-500\600 & RS-197, another 700 tower site on the same system works fine. I have triple checked the CC freqs, the system settings are all correct. The CC shows up if I do a SRV SRC, I can hear 800 systems sites that are farther away so I don't think it a sensitivity issue. Kinda stumped worked fine then just stopped,

Any Ideas?

Thanks

CVASSB

This may,or may not help. I lost digital audio on my PSR-800. I was receiving the other conventional frequencies very clearly. I put my ear to the speaker,and I could bearly hear static on the digital Frequencies. I went to my sisters house,and downloaded the new firmware,and got the digital frequencies back. Now I have a newer computer,and the downloads are doing great.

kb8rvp

My 800 recently went deaf on one 700 system site. The site used to work fine and also is loud clear on my PSR-500\600 & RS-197, another 700 tower site on the same system works fine. I have triple checked the CC freqs, the system settings are all correct. The CC shows up if I do a SRV SRC, I can hear 800 systems sites that are farther away so I don't think it a sensitivity issue. Kinda stumped worked fine then just stopped,

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Check your squelch setting. I set mine so it's pointing at the headphone jack on top of the scanner. I find if it's all the way to the left the scanner won't scan and if it's to far to the right it won't pick anything up.

Mike

OHIOSCAN

I am running the latest F/W I am not sure if the beta had any issues, I don't think the F/W can become corrupted dunno enough about how software updated radios work. The SQL setting does seem very touchy on these radio's will play with that, I've always left it as open as possible. I am just not sure whats up, since everything else seems ok you would think it has to be a setting. I will keep playing maybe I need to try a factory type reset, I use custom tags on everything so I dread the thought of anything drastic

Thanks
Mike

fire701

Feed Provider
I just bought a PSR 800 refurbished and it will not make any sound on the 700 mhz . I have downloaded all the firmware 1.08 1.03 updates but no sound. I am in MS and we have the MSWIN system and this is our 700 mhz. statewide system for all the MHP, SO, PD, MFW units.
Any suggestions
fire701

OHIOSCAN

I solved the problem I was having by doing a factory reset, also reformatting the SD card and then duplicating the system. I was having issue with and deleting the older site. Can you here the 700 CC when doing a SRV SRC in Public Safety? Also double check the library setting in the software are correct. I have had problems with GRECOM RR update changing CC freqs and changing system types.

Status
Not open for further replies.