weird signal 240.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Scanning through Mil Air band in AM mode, I started picking up some amateurish sounding CW. That kind of faded out before I could decode anything, but now I hear basically an open carrier (can hear what sounds like a TV in the background and some banging around of dishes or something). I switched the mode to NFM and it seems like it's in FM. I'm used to Brazilian pirates on satcom, but I'm not sure this is a sat channel. Any ideas? I've yet to hear any voices. Actually it sounds pretty clear in WFM..

Last edited:

JamesWest

Scanning through Mil Air band in AM mode, I started picking up some amateurish sounding CW. That kind of faded out before I could decode anything, but now I hear basically an open carrier (can hear what sounds like a TV in the background and some banging around of dishes or something). I switched the mode to NFM and it seems like it's in FM. I'm used to Brazilian pirates on satcom, but I'm not sure this is a sat channel. Any ideas? I've yet to hear any voices. Actually it sounds pretty clear in WFM..
in my part of the world wireless mics that are used with karaoke systems are mixed in with sat/mil air band frequencies. they are actually WFM 180K but the bandwidth changes with volume so a quiet room with the mic open can be heard with a NFM setting. sounds just like a open mic baby monitor when not singing.

you should hear what goes on on a Saturday night. very drunk women singing way off key.

Status
Not open for further replies.