Weirton Fire Dept. DMR

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Weirton Fire has been testing its new DMR system. I was able to get some information on 154.145. If you are able to monitor them 154.370, 153.770 and 154.400 they could also show some traffic. It is a non trunking DMR system.

Attachments

• WEIRTON FD DMR.PNG
    WEIRTON FD DMR.PNG
    71.1 KB · Views: 74

lukemester

Feed Provider
Can you please post your dsdplus configuration .bat files for the Weirton DMR system? I have a spare SDR dongle. I could put the Weirton system up on my test feed.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Saw that they were testing last night on 154.145 again. Strange because I was told they were going to the Weirton DMR Tier 3 on UHF.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Mike, it was around 8 and it was DMR/CC 1. I did not see them on DSD, but I was sent a screen shot of it. I am running DSD today to see if I can capture anymore activity.

medziatkowicz39

Premium Subscriber
Weirton moving ahead on police vehicle purchases | News, Sports, Jobs - Weirton Daily Times
council allocated $23,636.25 for 15 Kenwood NX5700 in-car radios .

"Referencing the purchase of the new radios, Marsh briefly raised the question as to whether they will need to be replaced once Hancock County’s new digital communication system goes online.

Both Police Chief Charlie Kush and Fire Chief Kevin Himmelrick explained it already had been addressed through previous radio purchases.

“They’re installed and everything now,” Himmelrick said.

Finance Director Diana Smoljanovich confirmed those purchases had been made using COVID relief funds during the tenure of a previous city manager.

Kush added he has been told the new digital system should be ready in the near future.

“They say it’s going to be very very soon,” he said. “We keep asking.” "

The radio techs were testing the city's new system yesterday. Can't wait to see what the new system sounds like and what the county's new system is like.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The radio techs were testing the city's new system yesterday. Can't wait to see what the new system sounds like and what the county's new system is like.

I'm guessing that is a personal comment from you and not anything published. And what was being tested? Fire? Because i'm curious what the frequencies are going to be for this multi-channel simulcast DMR system. And although it is supposed to support or allow for future needs with DMR T2 / DMR T3 / P25 conventional / Analog / Pocsag etc, it is not clear [to me] whether this will be a "trunked" system or just a bunch of conventional freqs simulcast. I think it's the latter though (conventional freqs, simulcast from various locations around the county).

I haven't seen any new applications. Wonder if they will use existing Lauttamus freqs, or if they will use existing police / fire freqs (155.64, 154.8, 154.83, 154.145, etc) or what.

If you find any testing on a frequency other than what we already know they have been testing on (154.145), let us know.

M

medziatkowicz39

Premium Subscriber
the county system is going to be a VHF trunked Tier 3 DMR system. I heard radio service testing on 154.145 yesterday afternoon. I am not privy to the frequencies for the new Trunked VHF Tier 3 Hancock county system but am in contact with the Hancock county as well as Weirton. Weirton is waiting on the county to update the CAD in the county for the conventional DMR for Weirton to go live according to my contact. Not sure why the CAD needs updated and tested for the conventional DMR system the city will temporarily use until they switch to the Tier 3 trunked DMR Hancock county system.

medziatkowicz39

Premium Subscriber
They tested the weirton fire DMR on Monday. Hopefully weirton will go live as soon as the 911 center gets their system ready for weirton fire and police DMR to go live. A month ago they were testing inside the hospital even the elevators, Wylie ridge road and Kings Creek and the weirton DMR system sounded amazing.