Weld County Agencies Antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I help out a Windsor PD officer today with a warrant. After all finished I asked him what the 5 antennas on his car are for, He said there's only 4, So we counted them And I was right. This one is for VHF, this one MDT, this one DTRS Weld North, This one GPS, and another 800mhz He did not know and had no clue. Does any one know what the 3rd 800MHZ antenna is for? vhf was a 18'' whip, GPS flat black, MDT 3'' whip, 800mhz Black base with spring loaded looked like 3-4'' long for weld north ,5th one was 800 same as the last one I described. The hand held he had was Motorola XTS 2500

Last edited:

Spud

LoJack equipped

skipshark773 said:
LoJack uses 4 roof mounted VHF antennas, generally silver in color with spring loaded bases.

Seen a few of these in Ft Collins.
What frequency does the LoJack operate on and how do they chose which ones will have the LoJack DF equipment in them?

The Spud

Troop

Spud said:
Seen a few of these in Ft Collins.
What frequency does the LoJack operate on and how do they chose which ones will have the LoJack DF equipment in them?

The Spud

Usually each agency will have at least one, if it's in a coverage area...it's only been in the last 4 years that Weld County has been included in the coverage area....the tracking computers are installed for free..compliments of insurance companies. The new lojack trackers have black antennas. As far as the extra antenna....sounds like maybe it's a show piece...I cant remember, but Windsor used to be dispatched from their P.D. during the weekdays during business hours and then would switch over to Weld County, dont know if it's like that anymore or if it was VHF or UHF

skipshark773 said:
Lo Jack uses 4 roof mounted VHF antennas, generally silver in color with spring loaded bases.
I know that lo jack uses 4 VHF mounted in a square did not have. Had 1 Vhf roof ,3inch 800 roof , GPS flat black trunk, & 2 spring loaded spring loaded 800 trunk.

Last edited:

Troop

I bet if you called advanced wireless in Evans they'd be able to tell you...they do most of the cars up north...Wyoming Highway patrol too

KB9LMJ

Okay, I guess it was a longer night than I thought last night. Never mind, you already answered that.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Noticed a Greeley PD car today with three small black antennas where there used to be 1 800 and 1 UHF on the roof and an 800 on the trunk. All looked to be a 1/4 wave spike to me. Odd for a city where 800 radio coverage can be lousy at times.

With the transition to 453.300 and 453.550 MHz for MDC's it could be why there is a spare antenna on the windsor car. There still is MDC data on 866.1375. Evans seems to have extra antennas on their cars as well.

Phil.

I got pictures of Windsor,Weld,Greeley,Evans,CSP unmarked Charger,other Csp Cars Larimer SO, let me see if I can post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.