Welk Aviation / KTLA 5 Trunked System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
If you look at Mobile Relay Associates (Saddle Peak) LTR system on scanner programming software, there is a talkgroup labeled KTLA Sky 5 Copter. Not sure how recent that system was updated as the MRA systems are not view-able on the RRDb itself, but you may start there.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Also, I see that Channel 7 KABC new desk is on an NXDN system. Has anybody had a chance to hear anything? I know you would need one of those TRX Whistler scanner for NXDN receive though.

KABC-TV Trunking System, Los Angeles, California - Scanner Frequencies

yes, I have heard a few transmissions between the assignment desk and chopper on one of the talkgroups. The TRX2 does a very good job of receiving the transmissions considering I kept it set up as a trunked system.

allend

Premium Subscriber
yes, I have heard a few transmissions between the assignment desk and chopper on one of the talkgroups. The TRX2 does a very good job of receiving the transmissions considering I kept it set up as a trunked system.

Kearthfan

I have a question. I programmed the KABC7 from the library import and I have only heard one way transmission from the engineering talkgroup only. Was not able to hear both ends talking.

Any ideas or tweaks that you had to do for the NXDN to function properly

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Kearthfan

I have a question. I programmed the KABC7 from the library import and I have only heard one way transmission from the engineering talkgroup only. Was not able to hear both ends talking.

Any ideas or tweaks that you had to do for the NXDN to function properly

No tweaks on my end. I just added all talkgroups and keep it scanning. Occasionally only one ended, but at least the voice sounds great.

allend

Premium Subscriber
No tweaks on my end. I just added all talkgroups and keep it scanning. Occasionally only one ended, but at least the voice sounds great.

Thanks. I am hearing only one side of the engineering and heard both sides of the assignment desk today. But then I only hear one sided of the assignment desk too.

Wondering if some of the NXDN trunking frequencies are missing from the database??

Status
Not open for further replies.