Well Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Rockin'-N-Rollin', Hi HI! ;-)

Morning All!

Well, the TV Wx guy LIED again, LOL! He said we "possibly" get rain, but very light at that, maybe
Tuesday afternoon/evening. Well, about 8 PM, last night, that slow cold front in N. Ark came into
Caddo Parish, LA. It rained, lightning, & thundered all night long, LOL! I'm not griping about the
rain. We haven't had any measurable rain since April. The ground is so "dry" ("How dry is it?),
the trees are chasin' the dogs!

Now they say there is a 50% chance of rain all day today. I'll have the Icom 705MkII-G on the
146.67 (K5SHV) "Skywarn" repeater, just-in-case.

Has anyone thought of having a National HF/VHF Skywarn Net on PSK-31 to pass information
=forward, ahead of the storms?

"Keep your powder dry and watchin' yore'n top knot" <-- From Jerimiah Johnson movie

Respectfully,

Don/KA5LQJ

n2mdk

I believe the Pro97 displays those same messages correct? What freq. does it have to be on?

Thanks.

Steven
You need to use your local NOAA weather frequency.
It needs to be set to weather alert with the SAME FIPS codes entered. In order to display messages like that the radio can't be used as a scanner it has to be set to WX standby.
You can get your local codes here http://www.weather.gov/nwr/nwrsame.htm

D

DaveNF2G

It's safer "Down on the corner, out in the street."

I couldn't resist, either.

I like severe weather - somewhere else.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Could you make the picture a little bit larger next time? It wasn't big enough. I had to squint to see it!!! It's smaller than a thumbnail image!!

I could make them MUCH bigger.

Sure, you all love severe weather until that tornado takes out your family and home.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
That's probably when I'd be outside trying to take pictures of the incoming weather. Though the last time there was a tornado warning here there was a wall cloud about a mile to the west that i got a good picture of. And the previous time there was a tornado warning (about a week earlier) an F3 dropped about 100 yards to the north of my house.

kc2iyh

Has anyone thought of having a National HF/VHF Skywarn Net on PSK-31 to pass information
=forward, ahead of the storms?

"Keep your powder dry and watchin' yore'n top knot" <-- From Jerimiah Johnson movie

Respectfully,

Don/KA5LQJ

We do that on a slightly smaller scale. Using Echolink, we log in the KANSAS conference and use that to do just that. People from all around the country log in and help spotters in the field with radar reading and guesstimating. After the storms pass, the spotters give a history of the storm reports for areas that are in the path. I have a simplex link setup so when I am in the field, I can get and send reports to the conference.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I bought a '30 Ford wagon and we call it a woodie
Tornado Alley, here we come
You know it's not very cherry, it's an oldie but a goodie
Tornado Alley, here we come
Well, it ain't got antenna or a radio
But it still gets me where I wanna go

And we're goin' tornado, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' tornado, gonna have some fun
You know we're goin' tornado, 'cause it's two to one