well i havent posted in a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

utepride

Kinda forgot about this site, until i was looking for my companies freq. which i havent found yet, we use motorola ht1250 ls radios... not sure if the are uhf or vhf... i do know we are on a repeater...

IF anyone has heard any business traffic with call signs like 1papa23, or 2oscar23
please let me know, as i know which business this is :) just not sure of the frequency, and yes it is a security company.

Pimpala03

A scanner with CloseCall or Signal Stalker would be all you needed to find the freq... If the freqs are registered, the FCC database would list them.

Pimpala03

You should still be able to key the channel and do a serch for it on the scanner... But, if you are using an LS radio... you might be on a trunked system. You could post the model number (or decode it yourself) and find out the exact bandsplit the radio is to narrow your search.

utepride

ah okay so when i go to work tonight, ill pull the battery off the back. and write down the mdoel number and try to figure out the band that way. and to key up and hold down the radio would not be wise as we are on a repeater and a trunk system and have dispatchers :p

I also know each radio has its own unit number, which too so when the persons key up it shows up on the radio that site1 (dispatch) or 1P20 (or whatever unit number radio is) is keying up

Don_Burke

Once you get a model number for one of the radios we can get a frequency range for you to search with the Pro-95.

Then it is just a matter of listening when the system is fairly busy.

Utah_Viper

Welcome utepride! or at least welcome back. From the sounds of it your on a trunk system. just recently we have started looking at the less used trunk systems in the valley. It would be great to get whatever information you find to help in finding the new systems, and who uses them.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I am going to have to ASSUME that the company you are interested in is in Utah. Maybe if you could narrow it down a bit for us. Example, is your company in Northern Utah, or down south near the Nevada border. A town/city location would be even better.

"not registerd.. and i have a RS pro-95, sorry if i forgot to mention."

Are you saying that you know your company is using unregistered freqs?
I did PM you, so maybe we can work something out.

qlajlu

Silent Key
As Utah_Viper said:

Welcome back to the Utah Forum,

utepride

I appreciate you telling us where you are located, but if you would please return to your User CP (click on it at the top left of this page), click on Edit Profile in the top left box, then scroll down the page you can enter your location (city and state...don't need specific address), then it will show in every post you make.

I hope you check back often and we all would like to hear what you find out.

=====
EDIT:

Oops. I misread your post in the Breaking News. I was thinking that was your location...DUH! So I will still request you to edit your profile so your location shows in each of your posts as a matter of courtesy.

Last edited:

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey utepride, where are you located? I am sure one of our member would be willing to meet up quick and get the frequency for you.

utepride

hmmm well my scanner wont let me grab 403-406

but i can get 406-470 and have listend for the last few nights and have yet to pick up our frequency. maybe its in the 403-406 range i dont know lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.