Welland Fire Department

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber

ATCTech

153.800 is a widely-used fire paging frequency for Niagara that goes back to the 1970s (still active today) and 169.560 is Niagara Fire TAC-1 according to "local lore" in this very interweb.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
169.560 is Niagara Fire TAC-1and is now offline. NFFD is now on the Niagara Regional P25 PII system
153.800 is currently Welland FD, Wainfleet FD and Pelham FD paging.

Most of the Niagara Region has migrated to this system

Except Fort Erie and soon to be Welland to Tillsonburg FD dispatch service

ATCTech

Thanks for updating the TAC-1 situation, that was very old info and I'm far enough out of range to not know if they were using it as a local fireground or training frequency.

OntFF221

Premium Subscriber
WFES has moved to Tillsonburg dispatch; and the new system is active; but they are still dispatching on the old channel as well - not sure if they're doing this intentionally, or if some of the truck radios aren't setup properly yet.. I've heard multiple calls where FireCom (Tillsonburg) reminds the responding truck they're on the old channel, and to switch to TAC1.

OntFF221

Premium Subscriber
I heard plenty of activity on the Welland channel the last couple of days, maybe just a quiet spell?

Listening now (2022-12-27 / 11:08) and hearing Welland traffic...

ATCTech

Is this now digital? I plugged in 169.560 last night and have not heard anything yet, I find that odd for Welland, lol

Nothing special required to hear it and from my post about 5 lines up:

For those perhaps not in range or on the fringe this is an analog repeater.

gunz2000

Thanks, maybe I am just missing everything. I should be able to hear them, I am in Wainfleet.

I did hear a Wainfleet firefighter trying to talk on his portable. He was choppy and St. Catharines Control told him he was on the Welland channel. His next transmission was clear after that.

Nothing special, just thought it was funny