Welland/St Catharines Transit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Any one have any information if Welland or St Catharines Transit are going to another radio system, or if they have received any new radios lately, just curious. Also can anyone tell me the radio company that they use for there radio system.
Steve

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I thought I saw on here a while back they went MotoTRBO.... I could be thinking of something else though. If you have their frequencies programmed with a PL, take it off and see if you hear any digital stuff.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

I thought I saw on here a while back they went MotoTRBO.... I could be thinking of something else though. If you have their frequencies programmed with a PL, take it off and see if you hear any digital stuff.

Just picked up a transmission from Radio Techs on the Fonthill site of this system,
GOTRBO Network Connect Plus (202) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

And they said they were having a problem with the repeater on the Welland transit system and they are going to re-boot the repeater,
Also they were going to call St Catharines transit to see if they had a problem. I don't no if they are going to the system in this message or not ???.
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Certainly sounds like they are.... TRBO is popular with Transit, Works etc since it provides messaging options, GPS etc etc

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

Certainly sounds like they are.... TRBO is popular with Transit, Works etc since it provides messaging options, GPS etc etc

Thanks Forts, I am just submitting information On this system to RR so I will submit any information I find out,
Steve

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thanks Forts, I am just submitting information On this system to RR so I will submit any information I find out,
Steve

I'm curious about your submissions. There seems to be a whole whack of Groups for Emterra. Are you sure those are actual Group Calls and not just Individual ID's?

Same with the Technician Groups. Are those three actual Groups or just the ID's of the techs?

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
ID'S

I'm curious about your submissions. There seems to be a whole whack of Groups for Emterra. Are you sure those are actual Group Calls and not just Individual ID's?

Same with the Technician Groups. Are those three actual Groups or just the ID's of the techs?

The information comes up in DMR DECODE and for instance when dispatch calls 503207 one of the trucks, they call 3207 These Are the id's of each truck, When trucks talk to each other they leave out the first two digits and they also say 3207 and if a truck driver wanted to talk to 591114 they would call 1114, I thought you wanted the individual id's not the Group number they belong to.
Steve

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin

I have archived those ID's to the WIKI.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

I have archived those ID's to the WIKI.

Thanks for the change, I will have to wait until Monday to get most of the talkgroups, I doubt if the Fonthill site will be busy over the weekend, I will listen Saturday and Sunday and see what pops up, but Monday it will be busy.
Steve

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Watch the status bar in the bottom of the display. You can grab the Group ID's from there or you can watch for them scrolling up the screen but you have to be quick or pause the display.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
information

Watch the status bar in the bottom of the display. You can grab the Group ID's from there or you can watch for them scrolling up the screen but you have to be quick or pause the display.

YEA, things happen real quick in the program, I have been watching the status bar at the bottom and collecting all the id's and I will start to collect the talkgroups/source in the other window and match the source/talkgroup with the id's, I can presume that when the source comes up that is the talkgroup associated with the id that comes up ??

I may try and just save everything to log and then go into the log after a couple hours and get the information that way, I know the log will be big.
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Best way is log to a file then check the log for the GROUP entries in the summary at the end of the file. When you are done logging I find I need to uncheck log to file before exiting the program. If you just exit the program while logging I find the summary doesn't get written to the file.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Exiting program

Best way is log to a file then check the log for the GROUP entries in the summary at the end of the file. When you are done logging I find I need to uncheck log to file before exiting the program. If you just exit the program while logging I find the summary doesn't get written to the file.

Yea, I was playing with the log setting a day ago and when I checked the log there was nothing in it and then when I checked it another time when the program was running nothing again until I closed the program, I'll remember that. The program does not work perfect but running dsd+ along with dmr decode you still get a lot of information. I wish they would of come out with a new scanner radio that would do this but so far were out of luck so I'll be patient and do it this way, I think the best way is probably running a log for several hours and take some time and get the id's and talkgroups out of the log and then when I have everything listen to the audio and match everything up
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Once you get the hang of it it works quite well. It'll get you pretty much all the info you need.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
information

Once you get the hang of it it works quite well. It'll get you pretty much all the info you need.

I need to spend some time with the program and get a system down and it won't seem so hard, I have a lot of the id's submitted already to RR so that will be a great help matching up the talkgroups, thanks again answering my questions it's a help, I will wait until Monday when the system will be busy and spend the day getting the information.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.