WELLBROOK ALA1530 LOOP

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
My Wellbrook loop took a fall a couple of months ago and has not worked since. of course I have examined the loop and can find nothing I can see wrong with it. I have tried to reconnect it on another coax and still could see no change. I would like to reuse the loop if possible. Is there any electronics inside the loop that may be the problem? Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Larry

Ubbe

There's an amplifier in it that seem to be somewhat sensitive and blow up. Wellbrook no longer exist so cannot get spareparts but there's a guy building replacement amplifiers for those wellbrook loops.

"I just finished building another batch of the LZ1AQ loop amplifiers that are designed to fit directly on the Wellbrook ALA1530 loop. If anyone is interested they can contact me off list at everettsharp@aol.com
Everett N4CY"

/Ubbe

dxace1

My Wellbrook loop took a fall a couple of months ago and has not worked since. of course I have examined the loop and can find nothing I can see wrong with it. I have tried to reconnect it on another coax and still could see no change. I would like to reuse the loop if possible. Is there any electronics inside the loop that may be the problem? Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Larry
Here's a tip passed to me from Andy of Wellbrook before he passed. Some loops with the plastic portions (later these were shortened) need to have the screw holes widened slightly to ensure good contact. You might want to try this....