Went in for Tech, came out with General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I passed both the Tech and General back on the 11th! According to one of the VE's, my callsign could be in the database as soon as the 14th, so I'll let you all know what it is as soon as I get it! Hope to "see" some of you on the air soon! If I had a box of cigars, you would all have one!:D
-Al

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Congrats on passing your tast

Hey thanks guys!! I'm anxiously awaiting my callsign and it's taking an eternity!!!!!!! I can't eat, I can't sleep...plus I'm shopping around for a tranceiver; I can't understand why I haven't exploded yet!!

donny612

Congratulations!!

Job well done!! I didn't have the juevos to try it when I took mine because I hadn't even looked at the material for the General...

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Way to go, that's awesome. I didn't study for the general 'cause I thought you still needed code. Took it with the Tech & didn't make it. Darn thing still took me 2 more tries to pass.

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast call signs appear in the database...it's the most efficiency I've ever seen from a Gov't agency (insert flipoff smiley)...

Last edited:

kf4uuz

Congratulations

Hey thanks guys!! I'm anxiously awaiting my callsign and it's taking an eternity!!!!!!! I can't eat, I can't sleep...plus I'm shopping around for a tranceiver; I can't understand why I haven't exploded yet!!

GREAT JOB. Go ahead and explode. You've studied, and paid your dues.

BEST OF LUCK.

Alan

Thanks Alan...BOOM!!!!...WOW! Did anyone feel that shock-wave? Because that was me falling over...just you wait untill I actually explode!!!

P.S. I misspelled transceiver in my previous post.

kf4uuz

Good job; Good callsign,

Now you've got some more work to do.

1. You can log onto QRZ.com, and enter your information.
2. You have the option of changing your RR user-name to your callsign.
3. Start thinking about a cool acronym for your call. (Key Biscaynne 3 Yacht Club Lieutenant)
4. Possibly come up with a great vanity call.
5. None of the above.

Any/all of the above are all possible enjoyable options for you to throw around.

Good luck, my friend.

Thanks, I'll look into some of those options:)

I just bought a wouxun KG-UV3D and a diamond SRJ77CA and it seems to perform reasonably well.

So far I have made 1 contact with another operator in Oxford, PA, but I forgot to write down his callsign and now I forget it! :(

I have a lot to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.