Went to the Shack Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

Picked up a Pro-164 today and I am very impressed with this radio's EARS! This thing really pulls in well and keeps right on going. The audio is very loud and clear and it is a very nice looking radio. The manual has me very confused and I have yet to figure out how to program it, but just turning it on and hitting scan, it is pulling in very good stuff.
I also purchased a programming cable for the computer and rechargable batteries. I already have a wall wart from my psr-100 that will fit and work for recharging. The back light is very nice and bright. I put on an 800 mhz antenna from the shack made by gre and it is a perfect match for this radio. This is the only HH that actually kept up and picked up with my base scanner (pro-433). So to say the least I would highly recommend this radio and I am very impressed. This is one bad a$$ HH scanner.

jakegday

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
glad to hear that, i notice you have the pro 82 and the psr 100; how do they compare to each other as far as receiving distant signals? any difference??

Statevillian

Anyone have the GRE 300 and have an opportunity to compare the 164 made for Radio Shack versus the GRECOM labeled PSR300?.................... Thanks in advance.

DonS

Statevillian said:
Anyone have the GRE 300 and have an opportunity to compare the 164 made for Radio Shack versus the GRECOM labeled PSR300?.................... Thanks in advance.
Apart from branding and the fact that you can't clone between the two, they're identical.

Statevillian

You are the man!

DonS said:
Apart from branding and the fact that you can't clone between the two, they're identical.

Thanks Don!

I love...I mean LOVE your Win500 software. You have made my hobby life very pleasant. Thank You!!!!!!!!!

CStarr59

jakegday said:
glad to hear that, i notice you have the pro 82 and the psr 100; how do they compare to each other as far as receiving distant signals? any difference??

I would have to say that I like the pro-82 better from a performance standpoint. It picks up better and seems to scan faster. The psr-100 is a very good looking scanner, it also works very well. The pro-82 just pulls in those distant signals a bit better and the battery life seems longer also.

Status
Not open for further replies.