We're Moving!...Can feeds be transferred to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmboy

I will be relocating within the next 90 days. Would be a big shame to see this remote 'destination' community lose it's feed. I am considering some sort of structured transfer of feed (with website) to new provider versus abandonment.

Anyone go through this already? Any best-practices identified in finding a new provider while avoiding the criminal element? Meaningful suggestions greatly appreciated.

David

richtidd

Database Admin
I will be relocating within the next 90 days. Would be a big shame to see this remote 'destination' community lose it's feed. I am considering some sort of structured transfer of feed (with website) to new provider versus abandonment.

Anyone go through this already? Any best-practices identified in finding a new provider while avoiding the criminal element? Meaningful suggestions greatly appreciated.

David

To stop providing the feed, just stop the encoding software from running (and uninstall it), the feed will be deleted from our servers automatically after it's been offline for 21 days.

Please update your feed status message with the following, "Discontinued by Feed Owner", to indicate the feed isn't coming back so that folks won't continuously wonder what's up with the feed.

This will also let us know the feed can be replaced by another feed..

You should receive only the following feed down notices during this period per this:
Feed Notification Settings
Time Down Action
============================================
15 min Email Notification to Feed Owner
6 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
24 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
7 days Email Notification to Feed Owner
14 days Email notification and feed deactivated.
21 days Feed deleted.

Sorry to see you leave.

Hope you will consider hosting a feed in the future.

Thanks for your support and providing your feed on Broadcastify.com.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Check with a local ham and see if he/she is interested

Status
Not open for further replies.