West Chester County/Greenwich on 154.205 CTCSS 192.8

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
Home with covid, So i have too much scanner time on my hands. 154.205 has turned into a interesting freq. From eastern Nassau, I have been listening to Orange County Fire Simulcast (60 miles by air) CTCSS 123.0 because I have relatives and friends in Middletown and Washingtonville. I have it in my scanners with no pl, but set up for search. Along with getting a lot of NJ coast stuff (DCS 054), Today I got very strong coms from "West Chester County" talking to "Greenwich" (CTCSS 192.8) about NJ Stolen Car task Force tracking a car over the Tappen Zee. I Think Greenwich is NYSPD HQ, but not sure.. Most of the Info was repeated by the Greenwich person on NYS-TWAY 453.4250 (97.4) I do have it recorded (by cell phone) but will hold off posting it because of its ongoing nature, (NJ officer hit by that car) I did not see 192.8 listed in RR for 154.205

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Not to be petty, but it's "Westchester," and Greenwich is in Connecticut.

I'm not familiar with the Connecticut setup, but I would surmise that Westchester is calling the CT State Police at some Greenwich base on a BOLO for that car, so it wouldn't be the NYSP. Greenwich is only about 5 exits on U.S. 95 from the NYS border, and the TZ Bridge puts you on a road directly to 95.

The Tappan Zee Bridge connects Westchester County with Rockland County, both in NY.

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
Not to be petty, but it's "Westchester," and Greenwich is in Connecticut.

I'm not familiar with the Connecticut setup, but I would surmise that Westchester is calling the CT State Police at some Greenwich base on a BOLO for that car, so it wouldn't be the NYSP. Greenwich is only about 5 exits on U.S. 95 from the NYS border, and the TZ Bridge puts you on a road directly to 95.

The Tappan Zee Bridge connects Westchester County with Rockland County, both in NY.
Yes, I know it's one word and I did not catch it before I posted it...After I posted it i knew I was going to catch flack from it.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Hmm very interesting. My first thought was that it was Westchester county fire Control and Grenwitch fire control talking to each other. Parts of a certain fire district in Westchester county have a response area in Greenwich CT. But I was told that they handle the runs via Landline. But if it was a PD Related issue then it's probably different.

I Think Greenwich is NYSPD HQ, but not sure..

So Greenwich is actually a town in another state, Connecticut. While Westchester County is a county in NY. They border each other, yes

I checked the FCC Licences for both counties and couldn't find anything PD Related. I popped 155.205 in my 996 and I got Orange county NY Fire Paging Lima Charle. I'll Pop it in with a PL this time and see what happens.

I do have it recorded (by cell phone) but will hold off posting it because of its ongoing nature, (NJ officer hit by that car).

If you want PM me and ill take a listen to see if I can help identify it further from the audio recording.

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
Hmm very interesting. My first thought was that it was Westchester county fire Control and Grenwitch fire control talking to each other. Parts of a certain fire district in Westchester county have a response area in Greenwich CT. But I was told that they handle the runs via Landline. But if it was a PD Related issue then it's probably different.

So Greenwich is actually a town in another state, Connecticut. While Westchester County is a county in NY. They border each other, yes

I checked the FCC Licences for both counties and couldn't find anything PD Related. I popped 155.205 in my 996 and I got Orange county NY Fire Paging Lima Charle. I'll Pop it in with a PL this time and see what happens.

If you want PM me and ill take a listen to see if I can help identify it further from the audio recording.
I am going to try to post the audio recording. Trying to download from my phone...

k2hz

Database Admin
The only entity licensed in the immediate Greenwich area on 154.205 is the Rye FD. I wonder if they were rebroadcasting something from a scanner??

Everything in the Tri-state area on that frequency seems to be Fire.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Awesome thanks for sharing. Was this Around 09:00? Looks like it came over WCPD F3 too. Not sure why it came over 154.205 aswell. FCC doesn’t really reveal anything.

Last edited:

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
154.205 CTCSS 192.8 has become very interesting lately at night. Last nigh,t I heard "NYPD Operations" talking to "Westchester" and "Yonkers"
Yes, That's how they identified them self as... They were talking about something called "State Track" Then someone asked to have State PD patched in. Interesting, because the freq is active for a while and then it becomes silent, almost like they move to another freq.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
154.205 CTCSS 192.8 has become very interesting lately at night. Last nigh,t I heard "NYPD Operations" talking to "Westchester" and "Yonkers"
Yes, That's how they identified them self as... They were talking about something called "State Track" Then someone asked to have State PD patched in. Interesting, because the freq is active for a while and then it becomes silent, almost like they move to another freq.

There was an Interop channel patched for the LODD for FF W. Moon the patch went from westchester to nyc to Long island... the patch has since been secured and no longer in use.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You guys realize WC PD F3 is the back up hotline… nothing surprising here
Except that F3 is 155.550, and this thread is discussing transmissions heard on 154.205.

Has anyone other than Teambudjr actually heard any of these transmissions on 154.205?

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
You guys realize WC PD F3 is the back up hotline.

You do realize that's not what we are talking about in this thread. Scroll up and read the last 15 posts to see that.

Has anyone other than Teambudjr actually heard any of these transmissions on 154.205?

No. Haven't been able to up here. I've had it programmed in my scanner since the original post and nothing but crickets. I've only been able to listen to it from the videos posted by the OP.