West Edmonton Mall submarines going

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Who has more subs and radios than the Canadian Navy? Yes West Edmonton Mall is getting rid of their four units. So XKR558 458.6625 Deep Sea Adventure radios will not be used for that purpose any more.

What caught my attention was a TV story on the diver's taking them apart. A guy on land in the mall has a voice control panel marked Diver 1, Diver 2 ect and cross talk. You could hear the audio of the diver's talking to each other under water. Is this radio communication or more of a wired intercom system? May have to take a trip to the mall.

SCPD

QRT
I was at the mall on Sunday and there appeared to be little work being done to remove the subs. I think that there will be much more time spent on these subs than originally estimated.

woohoo

The com box is a hardwired communications that runs along the hose that goes into the divers helmet it allows divers to talk to each other and the surface with a handsfree communication system. There is a little mic and speaker wired into each guys hat.
And the job finished bang on the 30 days that it was estimated to take which is pretty good for something that hasnt really ever been done before...

Status
Not open for further replies.