West End VRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

I was wondering......I don't see West End VRS (Richmond) listed anymore as a separate entity. They used to be on 155.205. Are they still in existence and if so are they now dispatched on the Richmond/Henrico TRS along with RASI and Henrico Co fire. Thanks.

Eugene KG4AVE

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Hi Eugene,

The squad rebranded in late 2013 to become Richmond Volunteer Rescue Squad. This change took place to better reflect the service area, and to better identify with the residents. Dispatch is, and has been for a while, handled by RAA for Richmond on the TRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Related to that, Richmond VRS (formerly WEVRS) hasn't answered calls in Henrico County in well over a decade.

Eugene

Well that's how long I have been away (and longer). I used to run with East Hanover. Thanks for the info "yaknamedjak" and "boxalarm187". Much appreciated. One other quick one....I'm sure they have distinct unit numbers when dispatched which would differ them from RAA. Any idea what they may be? Thanks again.

Eugene KG4AVE

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
The unit numbers are still 33 for the qrv and 35, 36, 37 are ambulances. The medium duty rescue truck (31) was sold to Brookneal Volunteer Fire Department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.