West Essex FAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

icnsltmfg

I know they are paged out from North Caldwell, however it's always to reach out to Dispatcher XX...is that for privacy on what the nature of the call is or location...never heard that before....I know they cover many towns...

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
They are dispatched by West Caldwell PD. They have been doing it this way for years. I’m not a fan of this method, but that’s the way they do it.

icnsltmfg

Ah...ok Mark...never heard it done that way before...do any of the other FD's also do that locally?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
But the dispatcher is not a police desk or the Caldwell desk is it? Is it like a local WEFAS person?

I have heard E. Hanover tell them to call the crew chief (and give out their cell # in the past) and when I rode for Beach Haven First Aid the police desk would call the on duty BHFAS dispatcher and they would page us out. After they went to county dispatch, thte county would dispatch us and we would radio in to the on call dispatcher to build a crew and then Crew Chief would call county.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
As I understand it, the police are told which “dispatcher “ is on duty. This dispatcher is a WEFAS member. Any responding member calls that person and tells them they are going to take the call. The dispatcher will then notify the police that they either have a crew or not. The WEFAS dispatcher will also call for mutual aid if necessary.
This method may change as W Caldwell transitions to NJICS later this year, and WEFAS acquires new portables for their members.

Status
Not open for further replies.