West Georgia DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday, while driving through Carroll, Haralson and Douglas County on I-20, I was monitoring a good strong signal on this new P25 system. So far, Carroll County seems to be the primary user. Here are some of the talkgroups I monitored, although I couldn't identify most of them:

2001 - Carroll County Fire Dispatch
1001 - Carroll County Sheriff
1401 - Carrollton Police
1201 - Unknown
1104 - Unknown
1301 - Unknown
1101 - Unknown
1407 - Unknown

Control Channel: 852.8625

If anyone has additional information on this system, please post it. The system has its greatest strength along I-20 in Carroll County.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Well, I just might have to program it into one of the Fox5 996's on Tuesday. The just hooked up the new antenna at 600' to an Andrew hardline transmission line with a low .306 dB / 100' 850 MHz. With that I might be able to pull in the Taliban!

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Dang, Mike. If not the Taliban, certainly the Iranians. They must be trying to cover all of north and central Georgia. If anyone has to chance to monitor this new system, please share your information. This system is likely to grow into a very large (geographically) system.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Well, while I was at Fox5 today, I got everything up and working except the Cobb DTRS. Antenna is bringing in a STRONG 5 bar signal, but the radio just won't decode the P25 signal. Atlanta, DeKalb P25 is all fine, same with the Fulco analog, but that Cobb DTRS is driving me nuts! I am going to have MTS2KDES go down there with me and see if the XTS will receive/decode down there. Fox5 said they are not against getting a XTL if Cobb will program it for them. I put the Forsyth system in , but it just wasn't a strong enough signal for it to lock onto.

I hope the photo attaches, it's 2/3 of the way up on the 2nd antenna:

Photo0222.jpg

rb3406

I think TG 1101 is Carrollton P D, TG 1401 is Carroll County Work Camp, andTG 1406 is Carroll County Animal control. There are several more but I have not figured them out yet.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I picked up Cobb loud and clear on my issued XTS about 2 miles west of the Fox 5 tower the other day, so you will certainly have luck if thats they route they choose. .

Status
Not open for further replies.