West Hartford looking to upgrade their TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

I found they requested for companies to submit to consult the town on upgrading their radio system back at the end of 2013. The PDF can be found here: http://www.westhartford.org/living_.../BID6336RFQLANDMOBILERADIOSYSTEMCONSULANT.pdf. One of the requests is on page 3:

5. Analyzing and reporting on the costs and benefits of migrating to a digital Phase 2-type radio system, including but not limited to the feasibility of adding broadband capability to the new LMRS.

I'm sure they'd work with New Britain for any issues they ran into installing their system. Considering they're on a SmartNet system, which is just this side of Type I, I'd imagine they'd want to move fairly quickly so maybe by the end of 2015 we'll have something?

cg

Premium Subscriber
If not sooner
I would look for a P25 Phase I with a change to Phase II eventually. But one never knows....

chris

PhillyPhoto

They're SmartNet now, so I doubt they have a whole lot of ASTRO radios they could use in any kind of transition, so they would probably just do a straight upgrade to P2 like New Britain did. I don't see any new licenses for 750-860 in the town yet either.

cg

Premium Subscriber
When the system was rebanded, they took advantage of updating all the radios to P25 capable radios. They will likely have a 6 channel Phase I system running this year.

chris

APX7500X2

I hear rumor that its going to be Harris P25 and done by the new Harris\Motorola dealer in town Goose town Communications

Rumor has it they are doing the New Bristol P25 Phase II system also

PhillyPhoto

It's times like these, I wish towns around here would look at the big picture and go in on a county system like pretty much everywhere else. But I can't imagine any vendors complaining when they get to build all these individual systems.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Goosetown doesn't have the world's best rep in NY, hopefully they have improved.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Kind of strange that Goosetown would be getting the work before a Bid or RFP came out.

Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.