West Haven Fire Department(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs1988

I've been listening to the West Haven fire operations frequency, and I mostly hear chirps, buzzes, and screeches. How does ERS dispatch units without tones? I've never heard tones go out on the fire freq before, or voice for that matter until tonight.

The area of West Haven I'm in is covered by Allingtown FD. I was having dinner at a friend's apartment tonight when she burned the food which set off the fire alarm. Allingtown FD and University Police rolled up on scene within minutes. I noticed that the FD put their radio audio through their PA, which was interesting. That was actually the first time I've heard voice on the FD frequency.

andy404ns

When I was at UNH, West Haven FD was using a Zetron system or somethign for all of their radio communications. I think all they had to do was press a button on the console of the system in their truck to show themselves responding, on scene, size up, etc. That's what those chirps you hear are. As for how they get dispatched, I'm not really sure. All I know is that West Haven FD is not much fun for the scanner listener unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.