west liberty campus and police

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerg2001

campus and local police are listed in rr as if they are under the county wide digital system but i never hear any transmissions...does anyone know what freqs they are using...i have a son going to west liberty and would like to hear these transimissions.....any input would be appreciated...thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe if you were to ask Mylan (another forum user who you may be familiar with), he would tell you that West Liberty Campus PD can be found on the Ohio County P25 trunked system (using talkgroup 1 - the main SO dispatch frequency).

Here are some additional licenses that may or may not be of interest:

WNYK214
151.775 FB / MO
452.200 / 457.200 FB2 repeater / MO

WQD433
159.150 FB / MO

WQDF579
152.435 / 157.695 FB2 repeater / MO

Mike

bikerg2001

thanks for your feedback....im able to receive most of ohio cnty transmissions but have never heard anything from west lib campus police or city that i know of...surely with several thousand young people up there i would think one would hear problems often...

is west lib identified by a particular # or id???

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
According to Mylan's feed:

# West Liberty PD (units 13-xx)
# West Liberty University Campus Police (units 14-xx)

so when you hear 1300 and 1400 units call in during the timecheck, that's west lib pd and west lib campus police.

But they may very well be on those other frequencies i mentioned too.

Mike

wv8mat

they hardly every use radio. now bethany college has a phone link to there radio they are always on it. but west lib hardly uses radio.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
West Liberty Campus Police

surely with several thousand young people up there i would think one would hear problems often..

This is why you hardly hear any real traffic. It is about not wanting the public to know just how much trouble really goes on at the campus. Tell me just how often do you read in the Wheeling paper about rapes on either of the Ohio county college campuses and for that matter fighting at the RAT on the Wheeling Jesuit Campus, vandalizing and just flat out campus trouble? Not at all since the administrators keep it on the down low and hush it up as quickly as possible. Bad publicity is never good!!

Do a google search and see when the last newspaper article was printed about trouble at WLSC or WJU. Even throw in WVNCC too. Bet you won't find squat.

I use to live right outside the entrance to Wheeling Jesuit and for that matter right over the hill from West Liberty and even hung out there while in high school and I can tell you first hand they each have their fair share of trouble...

Mylan

Feed Provider
if one listens to talkgroup 1 of the ohio county system, they will certainly hear anything of merit that happens at WLU.... many times when an incident occurs on the campus, the phone call goes directly to the campus safety (police) office who then relay the situation via phone or radio to the 911 ctr......

I listen to this channel on a regular basis and you can bet your bottom dollar that if you listen when school is in session, on thursday nights from 8-3 you are all but guaranteed to hear some type of campus talk*....

*UNLESS of course 14-02 is the officer on duty at the time because he is rather selfish and always keeps his radios on encrypt despite repeatedly being informed that he is "on code"..... he is the only LEO in the upper ohio valley who practices this (which tells everyone that he realizes he is a poor officer and is afraid that people might find out his misdoings).........

Status
Not open for further replies.