Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while now, I have been trying to listen to the dispatch chatter of my local police department which is West Linn. I had been listening to the Clackamas County Law Enforcement scanner on Broadcastify and 155.430/155.190 on my Baofeng Uv-5ra and thought that I was in the right place until I realized that those are just for the Clackamas county Sherrif who responds to areas which include West Linn. I still want to listen to my police department because they are the ones who respond to most calls in West Linn but I can't afford to buy a digital or a trunking scanner that can cover 800mhz. But after researching, I now know that West Linn city police are dispatched on the same talk group as the Lake Oswego Police which is 57776, Lake Oswego PD Law 1 (LOCOM).
My hope is that one of you good people out there that are streaming from your scanner might step forward and start streaming that frequency too. Please? Or guide me in a direction that is fairly cheap (like under $40) and will allow me to listen to my local police department.
Thanks for all the help

Last edited:

taborj

I'd keep my eye out on Craigslist and Ebay and the RadioReference classifieds for a trunk tracking scanner. Make sure it's one that can support rebanding (the RadioReference Wiki has good data on most radios) before you purchase.

If you can expand your budget even slightly you can get something like the Uniden BC-246T, which is a great little scanner that'll do what you're looking for and more. It runs $50-70 on EBay. But there are many other models that would work just fine.

Edit: if you're a bit computer savvy, you can get two cheap RTL-SDR dongles and use software like Unitrunker to do the trunk tracking. The SDR dongles can be had on eBay for $12-15 if you buy generic ones. But that's a fairly "DIY" type project, not exactly plug-n-play.

Last edited:

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't waste money on a trunking scanner unless it was digital capable. You'll hear some analog stuff for a while, but WCCCA will be going full digital before long.

taborj

I wouldn't waste money on a trunking scanner unless it was digital capable. You'll hear some analog stuff for a while, but WCCCA will be going full digital before long.

Yeah, but they've been "going full digital" for quite some time. They've been talking about it for years. Maybe it's actually close now, but I ain't holdin' my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.