West Memphis Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

You know, I have them in my mobile and I usually hear their radio checks in the morning from here on my way to work. I haven't heard them this week.. But I'll tell you for sure. I'll find out...

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
You know, I have them in my mobile and I usually hear their radio checks in the morning from here on my way to work. I haven't heard them this week.. But I'll tell you for sure. I'll find out...

Thanks. I pass through there a couple of times a year and if the entire system has moved I'll just delete it and replace it with something else.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
A sign of the times.....

That's a shame. They had used encryption on their DTF frequency, but I see no need in going to a system that no one can monitor. They'll say it's for officer safety, but as taxpayers we ought to be able to monitor what we pay for.

Is it really in the public interest of the citizens of West Memphis for them to patrol the interstates or is it just convenient revenue generation? There's plenty of drug revenue being generated inside the city, how about cleaning that up instead of the interstates?

West Memphis & Crittenden Co. had, in the past, been criticized for their DTF activities on I-40 / I-55. They disbanded and the heat was off for a while. Now I see they have new Tahoes and have been patrolling the interstates again. The forfeiture laws set up by the feds are unfair to say the least and one can have their vehicle and money seized without ever being charged with a crime.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, The Law

I am glad I just pass through West Memphis on my way home and no longer live there......although Cross County - Parkin for instance - is no big improvement.

btritch

@Mike Bennett
Yes You Can Still Hear The Fire Dept. I Heard Them Yesterday Afternoon..

@Bubba Earle
I Agree 100%, They Should Not Be Allowed To Do Full Time Encryption Or Something That Is Not Monitorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.