West Metro feed goes silent for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Two radios in the house, normally pegged at five bars' signal, went silent today. Only VHF from Evergreen made it over the RR feed.

Solar Flares? Mt Morrison tower switching? I can't find any information.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Doubtful on solar flares - plenty of other 800 feeds in the area were going strong.

rfburns

Green Mtn CC 851.7125 is normal strength and the system sounds normal.
Mt. Morrison CC 851.0875 is very, very weak here. 1 bar on an antenna and I usually hear it without an antenna.

Mt. Morrison channel grants are occuring normally. I'm guessing there's a problem on the transmit power side after the transmitters. I've seen 18 affiliations in about 8 minutes so the rcv side looks OK. Mostly central and north units, NREL and a couple of WMFR.

Is anyone hearing it down on the flats? It could be on a test antenna down real low.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Last post:
Switched to Green Mountain repeater, Mt Morrison must be undergoing maintenance. It is a shame because Mt. Morrison is stronger at my location.

rfburns

It must be fixed. I drove around Lakewood with Mount Morrison locked in the last few hours and up to the Chief Hosa area and 851.0875 and the voice channels are 5 bars again in most areas. Even the areas on Jewell and on Mississippi that get bad reports from users have lots of signal off of Morrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.