West Metro Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC1309

I have noticed last night and today I am not hearing West Metro Fire at all. I hear FERN and some of the other Med channels but nothing for WMFR. Just wondering if it's just me or if others are noticing how quiet WMFR is.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Sorry. I meant on the West Metro Scanner Feed.

I think the online feed for West Metro uses the Mount Morrison site and that site went offline sometime last night while we were having some local storm events. Not sure of the site has returned to normal or not.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
It appears Mount Morrison is still down; the Control Channel itself is broadcasting the Site ID, but Pro96Com shows no adjacent sites for Mount Morrison and it's registering no grants or affiliations. Also, on Green Mountain Pro96Com shows Mount Morrison's status as "Failed, stale", same as last night.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Hoooooookay, after crossing my fingers, because the control channel was 98% from Mt Morrison on my PSR-500 throughout the past 24 hours, I switched my programming to the backup Win500 file for Green Mountain. Will stay on Green Mountain until Mt Morrison comes in clear or its reported here that the "Failed State" has cleared.

Thanks as always for the feedback. Its a full-circle world here and I appreciate it.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
At 2100 this evening West Metro dispatch advised all fire units to move their radios to the "Backup WM-2 Radio system". I'm still hearing Fire & LPD/Wheat Ridge PD traffic on Green Mountain, so I'm not sure what "Backup WM-2" refers too...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: Now things are reversed. Green Mountain is totally down, but Mount Morrison is back up. In Pro96Com Mount Morrison is working normal again, except it displays NO adjacent sites at all, also the site ID and WACN are still the same. I guess for the time being you should constantly check to ensure the site you monitor is active and broadcasting grants/affiliations...

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Meh, it's all a part of living in one of the highest lightning prone area in the country-
back to Mt Morrison.

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Okay, it's looking like some changes were made to MARC. It appears that ALL of the West Metro, Wheat Ridge PD & Lakewood dispatch radio ID's changed between last night and this morning. Also it appears Mount Morrison is using the same numbering scheme for SAID patch TG's as Arvada. They previously used 1-99, but now they are using 101-200.

Also, Wheat Ridge Fire may have their own "primary" channel on TG 37105. They always had it before, but it wasn't used much.

Last edited:

lazierfan

Feed Provider
09:00: There also may be an MDT anomaly as all stations all units are to give OTA vocal status to dispatch and TAC channels until further notice

PC1309

Sounds like it's working pretty good right now. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you lazierfan. :)

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
This will be a test only; if patches for LPD TAC or detectives come through it will be disabled.

Sorry, but I think that it's time to bring the West Metro Fire feed topic issues back into the relevant forum post rather than taking over the unrelated LOLA volume topic. I'm not certain if adding all the MARC Patch TGs will be a good idea. Looking at patch logs for MARC, Lakewood PD patches...a lot, which means it's very likely one is going to hear Law Dispatch traffic rather than West Metro dispatches. Do you happen to have the latest firmware for your PSR-500? If you purchased the PSR-500 before March 2010 and never upgraded your firmware, then your PSR-500 would have never had the proper firmware needed to follow patched talkgroups. You can check by pressing 3 on the Welcome Screen while the scanner is loading. It should display a CPU and a DSP firmware version number. the PSR-500 needs a CPU Firmware version of 1.8 or newer in order to follow patches at all (with CPU 2.1 being the most up-to-date). GRE has the most up-to-date firmware on their support website. As I said before, I haven't had a chance to test patch following on the MARC system, but I also haven't really seen any complaints about patching since it was added in CPU 1.8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.