West Mifflin Police UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JChabalie

I've heard rumors about West Mifflin Police in Allegheny County switching from a VHF channel to a UHF channel. I see they have 5 UHF frequencies licensed to them. Any idea on validity of the rumors and/or which channel(s) they will be using?

radio259

Yes they are. Repeaters in place. Still working on getting receiver sites tied in. Should be by end of this month if all goes well.

JChabalie

Any idea what frequencies they will be using? I see in the FCC database that there are 5 frequency sets allocated to them.

radio259

As soon as it is finalized, and everything working as it should, will post what frequency is being used for what specifically. Still working on finalizing programming and alpha tags for channels.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
I do not know why they just do not put West Mifflin PD on with one of the east PD channels. Makes sense to me, because all the surrounding areas use a east PD channel. Then, they can give the 5 UHF freqs back to the county and put in more fire OPS channels. The 3 fire OPS channels the county currently have, get quit congested at times. especially during severe weather calls and multiple calls going on. I know they can go to pub safety ch, but that can only handle so much. Just my thoughts.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
I do not know why they just do not put West Mifflin PD on with one of the east PD channels. Makes sense to me, because all the surrounding areas use a east PD channel. Then, they can give the 5 UHF freqs back to the county and put in more fire OPS channels. The 3 fire OPS channels the county currently have, get quit congested at times. especially during severe weather calls and multiple calls going on. I know they can go to pub safety ch, but that can only handle so much. Just my thoughts.

That's because West Mifflin police is still self-dispatched (fire is through County), while most, if not all, other police departments surrounding them are at county 911.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
At least with them moving to UHF so eventually surrounding agencies can pop their new channel into their radio for mutual aid purposes.

radio259

FYI: I am still putzing away at getting the programming completed. Road testing of portables may begin this weekend.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
So, I've been monitoring the new frequencies for a few days now. Heard a constable yesterday on 460.475 pl 91.5 I believe. Also, hearing CW ids on the other frequencies. Then last night while I was scanning just the new frequencies I heard data bursts on one of them? so I grabbed my digital scanner and figured out that it's not p25. So I started using dsd+ coming up nxdn96. Encrypted tgs. Is West Mifflin going to be utilizing Nexedge encryption? I did a check on the FCC database and West Mifflin is the only thing in Allegheny County License to that frequency 460.4125.

FF1033

What frequencies will be used for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.