West Milford Passaic Co NJ - Fire Dispatch PD/DPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
155.73750 RX WQFJ478 RM WMilford FD Fire Dispatch

I Just processed 6 new foreground frequencies for West Milford VFD Companies.
I noticed we don't have a PL/DPL for their main FD dispatch freq. I tried contacting the submitter and no response.
So if anyone has this please post & submit.
Thank You

KC2zZe

Got to give credit to Company 6 for not adding a tone to their frequency. Seeing as how its a common itinerant business channel (the old "red dot"), I'd like to know right away if a contractor, or other licensed entity, is operating in the area temporarily (likely on a closed tone on his end, thus never hearing you) and is going to possibly interfere with my operations so I can react accordingly (maybe move to the back-up channel). Companies 1 and 2 makes sense since they probably got tired of hearing adjoining channel splatter - Company 1 from SPEN3 / 154.7250, and 2 from 154.5400, the closest valid respective frequencies. Company 3 putting a tone on one of the MURS frequencies (old "blue dot") troubles me.

Last edited:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Got to give credit to Company 6 for not adding a tone to their frequency. Seeing as how its a common itinerant business channel (the old "red dot"), I'd like to know right away if a contractor, or other licensed entity, is operating in the area temporarily (likely on a closed tone on his end, thus never hearing you) and is going to possibly interfere with my operations so I can react accordingly (maybe move to the back-up channel). Companies 1 and 2 makes sense since they probably got tired of hearing adjoining channel splatter - Company 1 from SPEN3 / 154.7250, and 2 from 154.5400, the closest valid respective frequencies. Company 3 putting a tone on one of the MURS frequencies (old "blue dot") troubles me.

IMHO Interesting, however this was not the question of my original post, I was looking for the PL/DPL of their licensed VHF Fire Repeater Channel. How each fire company selects and determines its VHF fire-ground channels, frequencies, PL/DPL and what conflicts is causes or may arise for them and user's on their choice of frequency is perhaps another topic for discussion.

However, Since my post, from department officials, The VHF repeater is NOT used (do to coverage issues similar to the PD VHF Repeater Channel) and Fire Dispatch remains on their low band frequency 46.380. The VHF repeater channel for now is allocated as a back up system only. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.