West Orange EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Message on Essex county fire stated the system was down as in not working . The last time it was about 10 minutes so we’ll see how long this time takes.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
System is working now, but police HQ is still down. Definitely past time for an upgrade.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I am receiving full signal in West Caldwell on an SDS100, however I am not hearing any traffic. Occasionally talk groups flash but no voice.

user4950

I was up from Florida a week and half ago and monitored the West Orange system with my 996p2 . The date was February 12th and I drove from West Orange to Downtown Millburn using Gregory and Wyoming Avenues . On Wyoming Avenue in Maplewood the signal started to break up and by the time I got to Millburn the radio was constantly searching for the control channel . Also could not receive the system on Morris pike along the Millburn Springfield border .

As a comparison I've driven that route for years and never had a bad signal along Wyoming Avenue and no problems receiving the system in Millburn .

The following day I was on Route 10 in Livingston and East Hanover and as always had no problems with the signal .

ansky

Another thing I have always wondered about this system: there are two 854.x frequencies for this system listed in the DB. In my 10+ years of monitoring I have never heard a single transmission come up on either of these frequencies. Is it possible they were licensed but never actually programmed into the radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.