West Orange Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbeirne

Premium Subscriber
I am trying for the first time to hear West Orange. I know it is a trunked systerm.
I have loaded the data using ARC 500 software into a new GRE PSR-600 from the Radio Reverence database.
I am not getting any hits. I live in the next town south so I assume I'm close enough to their tower(s)
I have sucessfully entered and am receiving Union Township.

Are the numbers right in the RR database / is there some special additonal data I have to manually enter?

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Make sure the frequencies are in LCN, and set for EDACS wide. The info in the data base is correct. They have been having problems lately. Their system crashed for a short time yesterday. I'm in the next town north, and their signal is not that good.

ansky

I live in West Orange and yes, the frequencies in the database are correct. The problem is that they are using an 800MHz system in hilly terrain, which is bad. Essex county in general is a tough listening spot because of all the hills. When I lived in Jersey City I was able to pick up WO loud and clear, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the signal. From WO I can pick up towns like Red Bank FD over 30 miles away, but I can't hear the nearby Verona trunked system or Montclair very well at all because of the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.