West Point Trunked Radio System Has Come Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelz58

Premium Subscriber
The West Point trunked radio system has come alive starting the beginning of this week and now all through the night tonight and through Saturday, April 13 for the Sandhurst Games. Quite a few new TGID's discovered on this system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They first started using P25 trunking way back in 2005, a 138 MHz M/A-COM system. They abandoned that system in 2014 in favor of the current 385 MHz Motorola ASTRO 25 system.

weelz58

Premium Subscriber
I meant to post this a bit earlier. Here are some new TGIDs that came alive during the Sandhurst Games that are not currently in the database here. All I have is the TGID's, not the hex codes. I don't have the official labeling of them either. Just wanted to pass these along and make them available to everyone who listens to the system.

502 unknown TGID. Seems to be encrypted
624 4/12/19 @ 10:15 AM - "Going to have you guys do the south entrance to the AO" "Log Main To Talk Main, what channel is ops going to be on?"
626 "Radio Check"
627 "Red 9 this is Red Main. We have no communication with Ops"
628 "Radio Check"
632 "Red 6 Red Main, Radio Check"
652 "This is Zodiac on Ops 4"

1605 "Approximately how many batteries do we need?" The 2 people go on to talk about how many radios they have for which they need the batteries for

The system has been fairly active yesterday and today as the Boy Scouts are having a Camporee at Lake Frederick.

Some amusing transmissions have been that quite a few of the scouts and troops wanted to leave last night as well as today because it is quite muddy up there from the rain yesterday. The transmission I heard earlier this morning said no one will be allowed to leave until tomorrow morning. The next question was "How early will they be allowed to leave tomorrow?"

Were these Boy Scouts living up to their motto of "Be Prepared"?

Enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.