West Sacramento GRE-600 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB3VW

I'm new to the area and trying to program my scanner for West Sacramento police and fire. I've had my scanner firmware updated for rebanding and have entered trunking and talk groups for Sac County & City Analog along with Sac County & City P25. I seem to be missing parts of the radio traffic. Any info would be welcomed.

kma371

QRT
You can probably delete the P25 system as that is not fully in use yet.

Are you programming by hand or using software?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
West Sac Programming on PSR-500/PSR-600

I would program one TSYS for the Sac City Site and another TSYS for the Sac County Site. Then you need to program TGRP objects for West Sac under each TSYS object. Yes this means you'll program two of each of the TGRP objects.

What I do is assign all City Site objects to one list and all County Site objects to another list. Then scan both lists unless you can determine you for sure only need one.

When programming the TSYS objects make sure you have entered all 4 potential control channel frequencies.

AB3VW

Thanks for your help! I tried programming both analog systems and both p25 systems with the proper talk groups and scanned all 4, it looks like I have a problem with my scanner.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Add Wildcards

You might try adding a couple of Wildcard TGRP objects, one of each type. You'll then hear everything on the system. That should help determine what your issues are.

AB3VW

At one point I had all 4 possible systems entered in, checked data on the control channels and entered a wildcard group for each one. I'm still getting talkgroup hits without audio. I confirmed missed talkgroup transmissions on the local PD/FD by monitoring live scanner feed and my scanner at the same time. I seem to be missing about 2/3 of the transmissions. I'm stumped!

AB3VW

Success... I added custom T Tables to both Sac Analog systems and I'm now getting audio from all my talkgroup hits. If anyone needs the T Table info, just let me know.

KD6HRI

Have you considered programming with the WIN500 software? I have a RS PRO-197 which is the same as a GRE PSR-600. I did some hand programming, but the software makes it a snap.

AB3VW

I haven't had a chance to look at the WIN software but I enjoy the challenge of manual programming! I found that West Sac Fire & Police simulcast on both City and County trunked systems using a talk channel on each. Regardless of which channel I temporally lock out, I receive comms on the other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.