West system outta range from kop mall area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

Before i invest in another base scanner, for which i wanna monitor the west half of montgomery county, PA, first i wanna make sure i would be able to receive it from the KOP area, and for what i already know, i think the answer is no, it is not receivable from that far away.. My experiences with it are, pretty much if your on 422 coming east, once u pass the oaks interchnage, i notice its gets scratchy and thats in the car, so i can only imagine what a base scanner in my room in kop will be able to receive of the west system, NADA!!

but my question is really this, if i get a 2.5db gain antenna to screw on the back onf the scanner, and remove the stock one, will i be able to get enuff gain to hear what i want to? the west system?..

CStarr59

Well it all depends where your base is set up and your antenna. I live 40 miles west of reading and I can pull signals 40 miles away with the stock base antenna (I live up high on a hill). Im guessing you want to listen to limerick and pottstown area? I think it would be possible especially with an antenna upgrade.

Septa3371CSX1

I can pick up both east and west from King of Prussia Mall clear as day. It seems as though the east system has a stronger signal than the west. I've been able to do this with the telescoping Radio Shack antenna and the standard rubber duck on my Pro 97.

Q-ball

Well, i dont live up on any hill, but im wondering that if i DO GET AN ANTENNA UPGRADE it will let me pull in the pottstown area, i dont own any portables as of this point, im talking about the 898t base unit for the one i wanna buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.