West Tennessee Communications (800 MHz) System question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semo

While running unitrunker here in the Mo bootheel. I am confused about the West Tennessee Communications 800 system http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1045 . For instance unitrunker shows here
Lennox site - System ID 1f2b Connect tone 90.0 on Moto control channel 858.1375 but
Newbern site -shows as System ID 3F1a connect tone 116.13 Moto control channel 860.0375
Trenton site -unable to receive a control channel
Jackson site - shows System ID 5021 tone 105.88 Moto control channel 857.5625
Blytheville site -shows as system ID 1607 tone 105.88 Moto control channel 857.1875

My question is could the West Tennessee system actually be mutiple systems 1f2b, 3f1a, 5021, 1607 ?

Ps I believe that system ID 3f1a is the Newbern site as talked about previously. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99929

Airdorn

I don't see how. Those different ID's mean different discreet systems, afaik.

But 3 of those ID's aren't int he database here. Very strange.

Maybe West Tn Communications actually do have 4 separate systems in 4 differnet locations, and the original contributor wasn't able to tell each system apart... ?

I'm in Cordova, TN and I've only been able to hear the Lennox site during some great conditions the other night. I'm going to make a special effort to hear the other ones you mentioned and see what happens.

Airdorn

Ok, tonight, I heard SysID 1607 loud and clear. That system is not in the database.

My antenna is pointed NNW, and Blytheville falls nicely there. I'm in Cordova, TN.

Best I could come up with is this:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPBH835

Is that the FCC's listing for West Tennessee Communications? I have no idea.

I think the site listings for that West Tennessee Comm. system is wrong, since sites *SHOULD* all have the same System ID, afaik. Different system IDs mean different systems.

Also, the Newbern site seems to be an LTR Standard system. I listened to it for a bit and noticed it sounded like an LTR. So I turned-on LTR Analyzer, and found the following:

856.0375 LCN=1
857.0375 LCN=5
858.0375 LCN=9
859.0375 LCN=13
860.0375 LCN=17

You said you heard a Motorola CC on 860.0375, so I don't know. One of us is hearing something else.

As a side note... a few days ago I was sweeping Mississippi with the yagi and suddenly a System I had never heard came in loud and clear... System ID BD0B. No record in the RR database. I guess it's brand new.

Last edited:

semo

Yes, that is West Tennessee Communications. I think each site is its own system. The info in the database is more than likely not correct. I also believe System Id 1607 is the Blytheville site. I'm glad someone else can see what I'm talking about. I can only hear some of the sites when conditions are right, though. But tonight I also can receive System ID 1607 pretty good.

Thanks for your info.

semo

You said you heard a Motorola CC on 860.0375, so I don't know. One of us is hearing something else.

Mo-Ark communications trunked http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1031 is an LTR using those frequencies I can hear it loudly. In the background tonight I can hear a faint Motorola control channel on 860.0375. I still believe 3f1a is the Newbern site on a Motorola system.

Airdorn

I'm listening for it.

I heard the Jackson site tonight. SysID 5021. I think allthis justifies a correction to the RR database. :)

Airdorn

Thanks, SysId 3f1a motorola control channel is on 859.0375 at this time loud and clear in Malden, Mo.

Yep, same here in Cordova, TN.

In fact, tonight has been incredible. I've heard EDACS96 systems on 5 different frequencies, picked up 5 more Entergy sites, 2 more AWIN sites, and a bunch of other goodies that are normally lost in the static. Until tonight, the only time I had ever heard an EDACS96 control channel is when I visited some family in Nevada. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.