West Valley PD SHOTS FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Shootout with WVC PD

KUTV News Story and Video

KUTV - Police return gunfire on a man shooting at them from a window of a West Valley City home, according to authorities. The man was hit and sent to the hospital.

Police were called to a domestic dispute between a husband and wife around 10:30 last night.

When officers got to the home near 6500 West and 3800 South, they say the man fired at them out of the bedroom window. Officers then returned fire and hit the man in the arm.

“He actually hollered out the window that he was shot and so they told him to come to the front door so he moved around to the front door and came out onto the porch,” said Lt. Lamonte Cox, West Valley Police Department.

Police say the man was still combative and an officer sent in a dog to help take the man into custody.

Police say no shots were fired until they arrived.

Investigators are questioning several people who were inside the home at the time.

The man was flown to the hospital and is listed in fair condition.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I heard two officers talking today and one said that one of the officers involved was "The New Guy".

This was an interesting event to monitor. There was a lot of background noise and quite frequently it was more interesting to focus on what was being said int he background then the foreground...

LGLHOOK

bneilson said:
I heard two officers talking today and one said that one of the officers involved was "The New Guy".

This was an interesting event to monitor. There was a lot of background noise and quite frequently it was more interesting to focus on what was being said int he background then the foreground...

Yes, one of the officers involved was a newbie, and he was the calmer of the two on the radio. The officer that was yelling in the radio has been on the force for a while and is a member of SWAT, you would think he would have been the one to be calm not the other way around.

I think that is the first time I have actually heard the shots being fired while they were on the radio calling it out.

utahcomms

Sometimes the ones that go SWAT get a lot of training but few opportunities to exercise the training - especially around here. They can get really pumped up and hyped when they encounter a situation where they might be able to justify calling it a SWAT event.

"Understand the situation and communicate clearly" is more than just a good line from a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.