West Virginia Dept. of Highways

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

Could anybody tell me if the WV Dept. of Highways snow plows are still using their 47 MHz Lo Band radio frequencies, or are they now on the West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) digital radio system ???

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
When you hear them--you hear them on 47 Mhz lo band. That band is hard enough to copy, but to make it worse, no one could accuse the boys in our district of being a talkative bunch--you just don't hear much in the way of radio comms from them. I think they most likely use their phones more than anything. I also think I've seen a thread that says they'll be making the switch to SIRN, but I haven't heard anything in Hampshire Co. about that happening anytime soon.

tazz

Thanks for the info.

I am getting some radio traffic on 47.320 MHz with a PL Tone of 71.9. Looking at the the RR Database that frequency is licensed to District 1 that covers Mason County which I receive some radio traffic from there.

I was receiving them years ago, but lost what frequency that was on.

atlong

Database Admin
Here in Jefferson/Berkeley Counties, there is a comm or two on the 47 mhz frequencies, but I hear everything on their UHF repeater which simulcasts the VHF-Lo traffic on 453.96250 123.0 PL in the eastern panhandle. Also, during major incidents, the Transportation Management Center (TMC) is active on SIRN. I've heard DOH base and mobile units and their TMC on the county 911 TG's, various Regional Response TG's, and many many times on WVDOT3 TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.