Westar Energy RR load file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs00

KCØDAA
Trying to get Westar Energy programmed into my HP-1 I have created a favorite for the Olathe system but does not seem to work? I have downloaded in several times with no success...is something wrong with the load ? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David Stearns d_stearns@hotmail.com

palmerlake

hello dcs00, I had the same problem loading the Wichita area for weststar I still cannot get after downloading several times,maybe someone can answer our question .palmerlake

dgruver911

I have to wonder if they are actively using the radio system or are using other means (mobile computers?) to communicate. I don't normally listen to them, but on New Year's Day we lost power for about 4 hours. During that time I turned on the Westar bank and tried to find out what was going on. I just have the Newton tower in the bank for a system, along with the listed Newton talkgroups and the wildcard. During that 4 hours which involved 3-4 trucks being sent to my alley to replace a fuse then a transformer, I heard only 1 brief series of transmissions on the Wichita DSO talkgroup as the arriving crews were coordinating how to get their big boom truck to the pole. In the past they have been much more active.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I'm not getting any signal on the KC metro area towers. Not even a system ID.

dcs00

KCØDAA
So did they change the system and we have not discovered it yet ?? Anyone have any ideas or who else to ask ?

dcs00

KCØDAA
Westar

What about in the Olathe, KS area??? Can anyone let me know. Thanks for the response from Hutch : )

dcs00

KCØDAA
Westar Olathe site

I am now getting the control channel ....in Olathe just no activity yet ?? If the power goes out I am sure there will be some activity ...tower is located just inside Shawnee just south of 83rd and KS-7.

dcs00

KCØDAA
I can get the control channel but no activity on the Westar system ? I was able to hear KCP&L their system this morning by searching IDs on their system . Can anyone else in Johnson County, KS hear the Westar 900 Mhz system with any radio traffic ?

Last edited:

ksmoscanner

What site/freq are you getting a Westar control channel on in Johnson County. I am still getting none, the only CC's I get up in the 900's are from KCPL. On the Westar System I could hear the following sites:

KCMO
WYCO
OP
Olathe

No longer getting anything from any of them.

Gregg

Last edited:

dcs00

KCØDAA
Westar Olathe site

I am getting from the Olathe actually in Shawnee control site 936.9625 the data sound on the trunking system.

dcs00

KCØDAA
I just heard some activity on the Westar Energy trunked Olathe site talking about breakers on an address in Lawerence, KS TG 12848 and that is a recognized one on the list. I had to program another scanner since the Radio Reference load does not seem to work and has never worked for me....the RR Westar load something must be corrupted since I have never been to load it and get it to work It appears just limited activity until something happens in the Westar coverage area.......any other information about this system please post. Thanks ! I had to reprogram my old BC246T to be able to hear the Olathe site ???

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
They have probably switch to DMR. I've heard them in WYCO and Shawnee Mission area on DMR.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Westar is a Con+ Network 395 DCC:1 936.2375 control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.