Westchester County Hotline - Rebroadcast Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am understanding that the Westchester County Hotline is an internal. party-line like, phone line that doesn't transmit on a radio frequency. However, throughout my research I am seeing that it is rebroadcasted on 155.55 MHz on WCPD F-3 but have not heard anything on that frequency at all. I am in Stamford, CT and routinely hear WCPD dispatch perfectly clear so I would guess that 155.55 MHz is rebroadcasting at the same power. Does anybody have any additional insight? I have read all other threads related to the hotline.

Thank you!

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I have only heard F3 is used for roll calls from all towns and villages of the county. I don’t remember the schedule but the last time I heard there were a lot of towns/villages responded

Bob1955

I have only heard F3 is used for roll calls from all towns and villages of the county. I don’t remember the schedule but the last time I heard there were a lot of towns/villages responded
Hi CqDx- I'm Bob from Westchester County, NY and I will only answer non-sensitive police questions on this site. As you know, 155.550 is F.3 and it is used for special events or a major incident going down as not to interfere with the main frequency of 155.310. However, every local police department can transmit on this frequency and they do their weekly M.A.R.S. Test on Sunday at 10:00am. Example, Department 39 is Tuckahoe. I have the complete listing of every department but will NOT put that information one here in order to protect WCPD plus my son is a LEO. I hope this answers your question. Also, the Westchester County Hotline is "internal" through a T-1 telephone line but I stand to be corrected on that one. Also, 155.550 does NOT re-broadcast from 155.31 at all. Who told you this stupid rumor? FYI, Westchester County, NY also uses 155.370 and it is a National Police Emergency channel with no PL.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="Westchester County, NY also uses 155.370 and it is a National Police Emergency channel with no PL.[/QUOTE]

Back when that frequency was called "MRD" no PL was used. Now that channel is called "NYLAW1" and its recommend that a PL of 110.9 be used on transmit.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FYI, Westchester County, NY also uses 155.370 and it is a National Police Emergency channel with no PL.
155.370 is not a "National Police Emergency channel", it's a statewide law enforcement interop channel called NYLAW1, as 62Truck points out.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
/
Hi CqDx- I'm Bob from Westchester County, NY and I will only answer non-sensitive police questions on this site. As you know, 155.550 is F.3 and it is used for special events or a major incident going down as not to interfere with the main frequency of 155.310. However, every local police department can transmit on this frequency and they do their weekly M.A.R.S. Test on Sunday at 10:00am. Example, Department 39 is Tuckahoe. I have the complete listing of every department but will NOT put that information one here in order to protect WCPD plus my son is a LEO. I hope this answers your question. Also, the Westchester County Hotline is "internal" through a T-1 telephone line but I stand to be corrected on that one. Also, 155.550 does NOT re-broadcast from 155.31 at all. Who told you this stupid rumor? FYI, Westchester County, NY also uses 155.370 and it is a National Police Emergency channel with no PL.

That's it, thank you Bob1955.

155.370 is not a "National Police Emergency channel", it's a statewide law enforcement interop channel called NYLAW1, as 62Truck points out.

155.37 IS ALSO local PD frequency in Middletown, CT. Has been for years.

They are installing a new P2 system on different frequencies.

It's also the FD dispatch frequency for Springerville, Arizona...but I don't know what either has to do with a thread in the New York forum? :unsure:

Depending on conditions and propagation, interference occurs...

I receive distant traffic on 155.37, so I'm guessing others do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.