Westchester County new digital MARS/hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.

rscs

For years, I have listened to the Sunday morning Westchester County MARS (Mutual Aid Radio System) tests being conducted over 155.55 (WCDPS frequency 3).

Lately I've been hearing them referring to another test on a system that they're calling the "new hotline" or the "digital hotline". I can't find the frequency for this new system anywhere.

Is anyone familiar with it? Are they using one of the trunked systems?

k2hz

Database Admin
I am not in the Westchester area and do not have direct knowledge of this but I believe this has been asked and answered on this forum in the past:

rscs

Hi, k2hz. I guess I wasn't searching for the right thing :). Thanks for that link. Sad news that it's a closed system, but helpful to know.

I am not in the Westchester area and do not have direct knowledge of this but I believe this has been asked and answered on this forum in the past:

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
The original HOTLINE is a dedicated telephone line that is connected to all departments, and it is in telephone co. terms a hoot and hollar line. User picks up a telephone handset like a 500 set and speaks. All agencies tied into that line hear and can respond by picking up their handset and speaking.
Most junkyards in the Northeast and other areas also had the same thing until they went to the Internet. I suspect that the County hotline has done the same. Sign of the times.
BTW most times there is something hot going on they use F-1 to broadcast it. I hear file 1's all day on F-1 from the TMC in Hawthorne.

rscs

Thanks! Yes, I do hear all the File 1's from RTC and the other hotline items that get rebroadcast. It would just be nice to hear the hotline stuff going on between the other agencies that don't make it out over the county frequency.

The original HOTLINE is a dedicated telephone line that is connected to all departments, and it is in telephone co. terms a hoot and hollar line. User picks up a telephone handset like a 500 set and speaks. All agencies tied into that line hear and can respond by picking up their handset and speaking.
Most junkyards in the Northeast and other areas also had the same thing until they went to the Internet. I suspect that the County hotline has done the same. Sign of the times.
BTW most times there is something hot going on they use F-1 to broadcast it. I hear file 1's all day on F-1 from the TMC in Hawthorne.

Archie

Way, way back before the merger, did the County Sheriff and Westchester County Parkway Police each have separate frequencies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.