Westchester County TRS Unit ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Hey all,

I am looking for some help in identifying the Unit IDs of all the apparatuses in Westchester County, Mostly just the Fire, Ems, Hospital, 60 Control, DES Talkgroups. Im not that interested in any of the county transit talkgroups.

I have a pretty good list set up already, but i am looking to expand my list.(Will share list Shortly) My goal is to set so when an unit is speaking i can get the actual name of the unit speaking instead of the UID itself. I also wanted to start a post where members of the community could come together and collaborate on this topic.

Links:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1744
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1884
Deputy Fire Coordinators
Local Fire Dept. Web Sites
Local EMS Web Sites

Also If anyone can help me and tell me the instructions to add the Unit IDs onto my scanner. Im using FreeSCAN for my BCT15X and ProScan For my BCCD325P2. What i mean is i would like the actual Apparatus that is speaking rather then the UID itself. Example: Instead of i35000 for Engine 1, i would like the scanner to display E1 Instead of i35000.

Thanks all in advance. I hope this forum is going to help.

Bill1426

OMG, I just deleted the list (spreadsheet) for Fire & EMS, in Harrison, Mamaroneck (Town, Village), Larchmont, Rye, Port Chester Area.
EZscan (Whistler) will not allow me to export the info..
I just returned to the TRX-2 Unit...

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
OMG, I just deleted the list (spreadsheet) for Fire & EMS, in Harrison, Mamaroneck (Town, Village), Larchmont, Rye, Port Chester Area.
EZscan (Whistler) will not allow me to export the info..
I just returned to the TRX-2 Unit...

I'm not that familiar with EZscan or Whistler scanners but that's ok.

When you said you deleted the spreadsheet do you mean you had a spreadsheet saved already and then you found no use for it and deleted it. Or we're you trying to save a log file or something from EZscan and it glitches and deleted itself.

Anyways that's ok, did you see if you could retrieve the file?

Bill1426

I'm not that familiar with EZscan or Whistler scanners but that's ok.

When you said you deleted the spreadsheet do you mean you had a spreadsheet saved already and then you found no use for it and deleted it. Or we're you trying to save a log file or something from EZscan and it glitches and deleted itself.

I deleted the spreadsheet when I returned the scanner..
But I was able to retrieve a very very very short list (PDF attached)..

Attachments

• RIDs.pdf
    8.9 KB · Views: 130

Bill1426

Oh ok but thanks this really helps to my list a lot. If you don't mind what scanner do you have now?

I don't have one at this time.. I had an issue with the TRX-2 and I'm still waiting for tech support to figure out why I was unable to receive any digital audio or signals. So, after waiting and waiting for them to get back to me, I decided to return the unit.
I'd like to get the Uniden BCD536HP, but just can't justify the cost of the unit, plus the extra cost to get the DMR add-on.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I don't have one at this time.. I had an issue with the TRX-2 and I'm still waiting for tech support to figure out why I was unable to receive any digital audio or signals. So, after waiting and waiting for them to get back to me, I decided to return the unit.

I'd like to get the Uniden BCD536HP, but just can't justify the cost of the unit, plus the extra cost to get the DRM add-on.

Ok cool. Thanks for the list before.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can you post up s consolidated list. I'd like to import it to my PSR-899

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
No nothing for Westchester unfortunately. I don't get over to that side of the Hudson much but would be nice to know who's talking in what Fire talkgroup if I can alpha tag it.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I have several hundred from unitrunker, but don't know how to extract them in any form other than in unitrunker. I have been monitoring and listing them for 9 years, and I have figured out what 3 digit prefix of the 5 digit id is to what department or agency, but even that is not 100% true. The first 6 ID's within a prefix are Chief cars and portables, next are engines and trucks, and then portables. Eg XXX01 in Unitrunker or 70XXX01 on my Motorola radio is the Bedford Fire Chief, XXX is the agency prefix and 01 is the first Chief, his portable would be XXX02 first asst Chief 03 and 04 etc. The 5XXXX series ID's are bases, and continue with special ops units,the three digit id's are dispatchers. There is also a catch all prefix of misc units and outside agencies like Putnam County EOC, and Metro North. I have heard radio repair using the EOC ID and EOC using the Ham clubs ID. Finally EMS is what I am still working on now, and the paid EMS providers are the most difficult to properly ID since they move crews and numbers around in vehicles. What might be N West ALS one shift becomes a BLS on another. Some Fire Coordinators use FD issued radios(possibly the Dept they are a member of) at scene's and some EMS Supervisors have radios with ID's outside the normal range.
On the Bee Line bus side 4 digit ID's are dispatchers or supervisors and 5 digit are either driver ID or route number.
Unitrunker runs in my office 24/7 365, and in the morning I check for ID's that are blank and at least assign them to the agency based on agency code, the rest is up to luck as to when I hear a transmission and see the ID. Best catch times are when an event happens then all kinds of ID's pop up or when the agency does radio checks.

Attachments

• DSCI9535.jpg
    DSCI9535.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I have several hundred from unitrunker, but don't know how to extract them in any form other than in unitrunker. I have been monitoring and listing them for 9 years, and I have figured out what 3 digit prefix of the 5 digit id is to what department or agency, but even that is not 100% true.

EMS is what I am still working on now, and the paid EMS providers are the most difficult to properly ID since they move crews and numbers around in vehicles. What might be N West ALS one shift becomes a BLS on another. Some Fire Coordinators use FD issued radios(possibly the Dept they are a member of) at scene's and some EMS Supervisors have radios with ID's outside the normal range.
On the Bee Line bus side 4 digit ID's are dispatchers or supervisors and 5 digit are either driver ID or route number.

Unitrunker runs in my office 24/7 365, and in the morning I check for ID's that are blank and at least assign them to the agency based on agency code, the rest is up to luck as to when I hear a transmission and see the ID. Best catch times are when an event happens then all kinds of ID's pop up or when the agency does radio checks.

Wow this is a pretty good setup you have there, i would like to set it up myself. I'm pretty sure it will tell me how on the wiki but sometimes tha wiki is so confusing. Could you possibly tell me how you got it setup to the way it is setup in the picture. Ex: I would want to set up unitrunker on my computer and monitor like you have it. :lol:

And i have also found with paid EMS that their radio ID is different all the time, Like 45M1 would have an ID of i40000 one day and then have an ID of i34900 the next, so i am also still trying to figure that out too.

I have Google possible exporting methods to export the unitrunker file to a excel sheet and so on and i didn't come up with much. The only possible way i see of you extracting it is if i were to download the unitrunker software and run your program on my computer.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have several hundred from unitrunker, but don't know how to extract them in any form other than in unitrunker.

If you export it from Unitrunker and put the file up here I'll go through and convert it to .csv and combine the others posted as well so it can be uploaded to EZScan and Sentinel (I believe I just have to put an "i" in front of the UID for Uniden).

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
If you export it from Unitrunker and put the file up here I'll go through and convert it to .csv and combine the others posted as well so it can be uploaded to EZScan and Sentinel (I believe I just have to put an "i" in front of the UID for Uniden).

Oh thanks that would be a great help.
For Uniden Yea you just have to add an "i" in front of it. So it would be i##### for the Unit ID

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Setting up Unitrunker for decoding I used a Maxtracs or GM300 16 pin radio (I have multiple radios running in different bands). There is an article at Batlabs or Repeater.com on how to do it I don't remember which. After setting the jumper correctly (which sets the audio level and conditioning for trunking in a trunking radio) you run the audio from that jumper directly into your sound card on the computer and adjust as needed for good decoding ( there is a display in Unitrunker to do that) and that's it. I have done NYC 470 and 800 systems, CT State Police using this method. The most difficult system to date I have tried to decode is the Metro-25 P-25 trunking system, as I am a little too far away for good decoding of the control channel.

I have successfully copied the Unitrunker files from one computer(office) to (home) and they work so you would just need the Unitrunker program and my files to get the display like mine. They are not small, and some are hundreds of megabytes and there are multiples of them. I think every time I close the program or need to shut off the computer it writes a new file. I do shut down the computer at least one a day so I don't lose any new findings as if the computer does lose power it losses any new info I put since the last time I rebooted it.

I know it's a little sloppy but this is my monitoring station at work. The top Spectra right below the GM300 has a special firmware in to that displays not only the ID in Hex also the Group number AND channel number when receiving. I think it came from a dispatch console. I will try and get a picture during a call.

I just looked at the Unitrunker files, and the ones ending in a "Z" are not deciferable, and the logs do not list the alpha info just the group and id's.

Attachments

• DSCI9536.jpg
    DSCI9536.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

Setting up Unitrunker for decoding I used a Maxtracs or GM300 16 pin radio (I have multiple radios running in different bands). There is an article at Batlabs or Repeater.com on how to do it I don't remember which.

I have successfully copied the Unitrunker files from one computer(office) to (home) and they work so you would just need the Unitrunker program and my files to get the display like mine. They are not small, and some are hundreds of megabytes and there are multiples of them. I think every time I close the program or need to shut off the computer it writes a new file.

I just looked at the Unitrunker files, and the ones ending in a "Z" are not deciferable, and the logs do not list the alpha info just the group and id's.

I have gone down the road of setting up a program like Unitrunker and its just way too confusing to me.. Even when following an article

When you say that the file does not list the Alpha Info, Do you mean the Unit IDs or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.