Westchester County Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill11312

Hello Forum,

I am looking for some help with this system regarding TGID for the Sentiel software. I have been making a list of ID's for both Fire and Ems for this Motorola 2 trunk system, my question is where or how do I add these ID's so I can alpha tag them. For instance, example purpose only, Greenville Ladder 4 TGID 700231. How do I add this to they system?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
you should be able to just drag the EMS and FD talk groups from the database right into a favorites list. Are the talk groups you are trying to alpha tag not in the RRDB?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
From Sentinel,
Edit > Edit Favorites List > Select Favorite List

A new window will pop up. On the left hand side, select the Trunk System you want to edit.

On the right side, you will see a Tab for Unit IDs
Click the Green + to start adding your UID/RID information.

bill11312

ok, so I found how to do the unit id's but I ran into a problem. I have been making a list of unit id's directly from a professional radio that monitors Westchester county trunked. All id's on the radio are 6 digits, the software will only allow 5. So far all unit id's start with a 7, should I remove the 7 so I have 5 digits? will that still work?

RKG

ok, so I found how to do the unit id's but I ran into a problem. I have been making a list of unit id's directly from a professional radio that monitors Westchester county trunked. All id's on the radio are 6 digits, the software will only allow 5. So far all unit id's start with a 7, should I remove the 7 so I have 5 digits? will that still work?

I know nothing about this system in particular, but I infer that it is an analog 3600 baud system (SmartNet or SmartZone).

Note that there is no User ID equivalent to "700231." SmartNet/SmartZone User IDs are 4-digit hexadecimal numbers in the range 0001h through FFFFh (which translate into decimal equivalents of 1 through 65,535).

However, some Motorola subscriber models DISPLAY a received User ID by ADDING 700,000 to the decimal equivalent. (This is done to pad the display field, and only applies if user aliasing is not available or not invoked.) So if a subscriber displays a unit's Unit ID as "700232," the actual Unit ID is 00E7h or 231 decimal.

For informational purposes, in an Astro25 (9600 baud) system, Unit IDs are in the range of 000001h through FFFFFBh (or 1 through 16,777,211 decimal equivalent). Astro25 subscribers tend to display Caller ID as entered (i.e., as a hexadecimal number), unless caller aliasing has been invoked.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
In you example Greenville ID is not a valid equipment ID, that looks more like a Dispatcher number. They will be in the 319XX range, as all departments have their own range. There are exceptions but for the most part it does follow alphabetically starting with Ardsley at 301XX, most control stations are in the 50XXX, EMS 40XXX and Dispatchers are an exception with only 3 digits. Just drop the beginning 7, at least that's how they come up on my Astro Spectra, Unitrunker drops the 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.