Westchester County Trunking Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I am working on trying to program the Westchester County Trunked Radio System into my BC246T scanner. I tried following the directions that were on the website for the BCT15 but at the end for some reason it doesn't display the north and south system. After trying to program it all that shows up are two Westchester county groups, there is no north or south system. I tried programming in the county system by hand but when I was down in Westchester I couldn't hear anything. I programmed in all the frequencies and the talk groups. Does anyone have any advice of how to download the system to the BC246T scanner. I would really appreciate it.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
downloading is hard with this system,because you need to customize your tables. Use software if you dont want to program manually. I dont know how many tables the 246t allows,but my gre psr500 has 6 available. Remember to program the north/south as 2 different systems!! Put the talkgroups in for both systems.

scannerfreek

I don't know if this helps, but I use the BC 250D, and when I programmed Westchester I had to put the North and South frequencies into to separate banks. That was on the advice of someone on this forum! After that the system started working properly.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I also have the bc250d and programmed all in one bank BUT I locked out the north site control channel. It seemed to work?!!

Alarms50

I also have the bc250d and programmed all in one bank BUT I locked out the north site control channel. It seemed to work?!!
By doing this you will not be hearing any of the North Zone frequencies because they are assigned at the direction of the North Zone control channel. It works, but you are only hearing the South Zone freq's.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
well, it seems to me that most activity goes thru the south control frequency!! When I programmed them as separate systems,the 470.5750 frequency would show with no talkgroup action. Could be my area cause I live in mid-nassau county ny and only get the system to come in when at my work site in western nassau county.

Alarms50

I get plenty of activity off of the North Zone freq's, it just depends on whether or not you are located near North or South Zone towers. Are you hearing the Control Channel datastream when you go manually to 470.5750MHz? If not you will not be able to hear the transmissions of the North Zone freq's.

Status
Not open for further replies.